Display going out

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
How can you tell if your display is going out? It just started yesterday when I use my touch ID & when I view email as I’m scrolling it flickers on & off

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Don't swipe the mail app out of multitasking. Let it run in the background. You might also want to be sure Background App Refresh is on for Mail. Not sure about Touch ID. There's a good bit about the flickering bug online.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
It shouldn’t go out as long as you’re touching the screen. So touch the screen every 30 seconds or so. Also, raise your screen brightness a little bit so you can tell the difference when iOS dims your screen brightness before going in to sleep.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an appointment at my local Apple Store today. Do you think Apple will find that my display is going out? It’s still flickers on and off especially when rotating. Is that a bug in iOS or the hardware? The main reason why I’m going is also because it is very hard to keep a charger and cord in the port as I think there is dust in there

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an appointment at my local Apple Store today. Do you think Apple will find that my display is going out? It’s still flickers on and off especially when rotating. Is that a bug in iOS or the hardware? The main reason why I’m going is also because it is very hard to keep a charger and cord in the port as I think there is dust in there

Even though you can take the dust out of the charging port yourself, let Apple do it. It’s much safer in your case.

Apple has the necessary tools to do a full diagnostic on your device. They can tell you what’s what and come with a solution.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got out of my appointment. He was able to duplicate the same issue I was having with my display. It happens when the sensor gets blocked (I don’t remember the name for it he used). He said it is happening mainly on 11.4.1

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got out of my appointment. He was able to duplicate the same issue I was having with my display. It happens when the sensor gets blocked (I don’t remember the name for it he used). He said it is happening mainly on 11.4.1

That’s the proximity sensor. I hope for you that the next update will fix it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77