did i screw up?

pistolpete80

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
ok i am new to the iphone and jailbreaking. i just bought an iphone 4s about 3 weeks ago, luckily it has the 5.0.1 os. so here is my question, i was on itunes last night and saw that there was an update for 5.1, so i downloaded it BUT did not install it on my phone. i saw that it was going to take a while and had to get up early so i decided not to install. am i safe with it not being installed on my iphone, or am i screwed since i downloaded it to itunes?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what the question is here, but if you install 5.1 you will lose your jb. Currently there is no way to jb the 4S on 5.1.

pistolpete80

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
i currently do not have a jb iphone, i am planning on doing it soon. I did not install 5.1 on my iphone, i just downloaded it to itunes cuz i didn't have the time to wait for it to install on my phone. so since i have it downloaded in tunes but not on my phone am i safe to back my phone up and start the jb process?

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You should be. I believe that it shouldn't just start updating your phone as soon as you plug it in. If you want to be certain find the file on your computer and delete it before you plug your phone in

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notforhire