Delayed Emails

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a hotmail account linked to my iPhone 6. I have it set to push. Everything was fine and I received emails near instantly...until a few weeks ago, then I started having emails missing that I needed to have people resend.

Today I received 15 emails all at the same time. The newest of which was from 5 days ago, the oldest from 14 days ago.

What am I missing here? This has already caused some personal headaches for me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft could be experiencing problems on their end. I doubt the problem lies with the device or iOS. Have you contacted Microsoft Support to make an inquiry. Alternatively, you can try resetting the network settings in case it's a network issue.

lytefall

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. I should have clarified. I don't often get into a desktop computer to actually check my email but I did check it about a week ago and although they hadn't shown up on my phone the emails were there when I accessed hotmail via their site.

anon(10101748)

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
This is incredibly common for Free Email Providers. Happens almost daily for me, but usually by a few hours. Never days like you're describing. I have 1 Outlook, 2 Yahoo!'s, and 2 Gmail Accounts loaded into the native mail app.

Outlook is always instant. Yahoo is set to PUSH but always 30 mins to 5 hours late and Gmail is on Fetch. The Yahoo website for Mail Help is always saying they have an outage.