Status
Not open for further replies.

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Long story short:

10 yr+ custy of ATT/Cingular wireless

Purchased 2 iphone 3gs for $2 ATT(3 weeks ago)--->resigned 2 year contract...found out about H2O next day....DOH! So Im a dealer/distrubutor for H2O instead.

3 days later they jacked my acct. with (2) $36 charges---> Removed...not about money about principle of avoiding that part when hammering me on a one call close.

So I learned how (via redsn0w) to Jailbreak and did a JB on my phone NOT doing my girls.

Here is the story:

I went looking around and noticed the Restrictions tabs was enabled and wrote it off to the jailbreak as I said I was a noob.

Called ATT for pin to get PIN(4 numbers) off restrictions area(I tried 8 times and have 2 attempts left. Now keep in mind Im a smart guy and have a memory like an elephant. My girl has no clue there was a section like this as this was her first iphone(so she didnt restrict it)--->no dice and kicked to Apple
Called Apple for pin to take restrictions off-----> Keep in mind I never asked for an unlock code. I explained my dilema and asked was for the 4 number PIN. He said there is no way to get it and the JB "F'd" my phone up and once I did the JB the only way to lift the restrictions was to restore. I restored, lost the JB and went to section and saw the Restrictions was enabled.

Now Im thinking......is this an unlocked Apple phone from factory?

Called my girl and looked at her identical phone and BAM same thing.

Long story short: I went into the registry to find the PIN and that part of registry was cooked!!! Not only was it cooked it means there in no 4 number PIN to verify. So WTF? Att wont help and Apple hates me. I dont know what I should do.

Should I keep my mouth shut and figure out if these phones are Apple unlocked? If they are how does one create that part of registry?

What recourese do I have?

Thanks,
B~

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention I had it out with a local ATT mgr as he called me a liar and said "noone can get into the registry of the iphone". Now Im pissed and want to throw this **** in his face! I showed him little punks cracking the restrictions in 2 seconds in the registry by actually seeing the 4 Pin and aftert this he still denied it. Now something is fishy.....WTF is it? If it is unlocked WTF? Is this a big deal to have an unlocked factory phone with cooked registry's???

WTF?

elitegamer767

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
Long story short:

10 yr+ custy of ATT/Cingular wireless

Purchased 2 iphone 3gs for $2 ATT(3 weeks ago)--->resigned 2 year contract...found out about H2O next day....DOH! So Im a dealer/distrubutor for H2O instead.

3 days later they jacked my acct. with (2) $36 charges---> Removed...not about money about principle of avoiding that part when hammering me on a one call close.

So I learned how (via redsn0w) to Jailbreak and did a JB on my phone NOT doing my girls.

Here is the story:

I went looking around and noticed the Restrictions tabs was enabled and wrote it off to the jailbreak as I said I was a noob.

Called ATT for pin to get PIN(4 numbers) off restrictions area(I tried 8 times and have 2 attempts left. Now keep in mind Im a smart guy and have a memory like an elephant. My girl has no clue there was a section like this as this was her first iphone(so she didnt restrict it)--->no dice and kicked to Apple
Called Apple for pin to take restrictions off-----> Keep in mind I never asked for an unlock code. I explained my dilema and asked was for the 4 number PIN. He said there is no way to get it and the JB "F'd" my phone up and once I did the JB the only way to lift the restrictions was to restore. I restored, lost the JB and went to section and saw the Restrictions was enabled.

Now Im thinking......is this an unlocked Apple phone from factory?

Called my girl and looked at her identical phone and BAM same thing.

Long story short: I went into the registry to find the PIN and that part of registry was cooked!!! Not only was it cooked it means there in no 4 number PIN to verify. So WTF? Att wont help and Apple hates me. I dont know what I should do.

Should I keep my mouth shut and figure out if these phones are Apple unlocked? If they are how does one create that part of registry?

What recourese do I have?

Thanks,
B~

I don't have a clue what you was going on about here

Sent from my ? iPhone 4S using Tapatalk ?

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
LOL then you have no business being on here then. You dont know what the restrictions setting is? OK then read my post again its not rocket science. really. You guys are the noobs if you dont get what im saying...seriously. Its you not me. I explained to you exactly the scenerio. If you dont understand the terms then sorry but go back to iphone 101 cause this is for the big boys...........

Is it the custom to troll the new guy? So 4 or 5 dont get it? Damn I just learned this apple iphone last last year but cmon man!

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
btw i have screen shots for the reading and comprehension challenged but have to approved by mods....cmon mods get off your asses and post my abc 123 for a lesser intelligent viewers.......so maybe they can get what im saying.......

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
btw i have screen shots for the reading and comprehension challenged but have to approved by mods....cmon mods get off your asses and post my abc 123 for a lesser intelligent viewers.......so maybe they can get what im saying.......

Like the NFL football crew would say..."c'mon man". Nobody who posted a reply was being disrespectful and, like them, I tried very hard to follow what you were trying to explain but I couldn't. Trust me. It is not us! Please re-read your post verbatim. In other words, read it not by what you meant but by what you posted. Afterwards, you *should* come to the conclusion that your original post is quite confusing. In no way am I trying to be disrespectful and I hope you don't take it that way. Take care.

Just Me, D

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
OK if you say so.....my 8 year old neph is here and even he understands. After re-reading the only content that isnt applicable is the fact that i got whacked for extra charges after I got the phones and wasnt told about the hidden charges and even asked if there were any.....So $2 is all I need for these 2 phones right? No other fees right? NO NO no other fees.

Maybe youre not aware that custy=customoer but have no clue what bearing this would have on the facts that were clearly stated.

Here is a link for the not so versed:

The easiest way to get your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad's restriction passcode without using SSH - YouTube (this is how i found out the registry lines for PIN and Parental controls were gone so even if I had the original PIn it wouldnt read anyway.....Now why risk 4 phones(my 2 and 2 new ones) when all they needed to do was no screw with the 2 originals?

Also how does one create registry lines using another 3gs's lines that are visible for use as a template? Is it possible?

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
where the F is my post with attacements? Damn this forum blows! not only are its members I have dealt with tards but the mods are freaking lazier than lazy......Hey mod forget it. Dont worry about attachments. If they dont get it then I apologize........

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
where the F is my post with attacements? Damn this forum blows! not only are its members I have dealt with tards but the mods are freaking lazier than lazy......Hey mod forget it. Dont worry about attachments. If they dont get it then I apologize........

Easy there, bug guy. Not sure what you mean re: "my post with attachments"? If they're links to something posted elsewhere on the 'net, then you need 10 posts to be able to post links. If it's something else, please explain it in a RESPECTFUL, adult manner. We really do try to help around here... but you're more likely to get help/answers when you play nice. #justsaying.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
A fresh restored iPhone should not have restrictions if it does I would take phone as is to apple let them restore and see .. Saying the word JB will void anything you say so don't mention it. And they will automatically tell u that's the prob .. .. As far as seeing the code in iPhone systems files I have tried too never works even if you delete the line it just erases network settings not the code .. You say your girls is the same and has not been JB so I would def take it too the apple store .. Restrictions don't unlock a phone but could be disabling some features of the phone . And only way to remove a passcode on restrictions is too restore without loading from a backup ( normally )

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
TY peligro but this was advised to me the first time I called. The ATT guy said bc I JB that he tought thats why it was restricted(i hadnt even thought about the other phone as i wrote it off to JB it). So I did the restore and guess what? No dice. There was literally the same restriction ON AND not only that it showed the 8 tries prior to the restore. So i took my girls for the hell of it and restored it also to no avail.....the phone restored but the restictions weerree still on which isnt possible right? So says ATT. So here are the facts: I saw the PIN numbers on another 3gs that i went insode of, then another one had a code too, then my phone...zilch! Either way Im in a jam bc if there is a way to recontruct the couple missing lines of registry I will keep the phone and have the refund sent intp our acct.

So here are the facts:

My phone--> restored 2X to no avail
My girls same phone----> restored 1X to no avail

So there is nothing reading that part of reg bc its toasted. I need help with a new registry line or 2..........

Keep in mind: Apple hangs up on me, no answers from ATT.

PS photos are today. So Im not going to put my dog in a position as you explain...why?

see pics

Last edited:

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
A fresh restored iPhone should not have restrictions if it does I would take phone as is to apple let them restore and see .. Saying the word JB will void anything you say so don't mention it. And they will automatically tell u that's the prob .. .. As far as seeing the code in iPhone systems files I have tried too never works even if you delete the line it just erases network settings not the code .. You say your girls is the same and has not been JB so I would def take it too the apple store .. Restrictions don't unlock a phone but could be disabling some features of the phone . And only way to remove a passcode on restrictions is too restore without loading from a backup ( normally )

So here is my theory:

Apple had 2 factory unlocked phones, set a password, enabled restrictions, and went into reg and deleted all eveidence with this.

Buyer discoveres the restrictions on both phones, Apple says they didnt do it, ATT says they didnt do it, Now Im screwed and its my word against their's. NOT SO FAST ala Coach Corso. I have a witness that actually saw, heaqrd, and taped parts of this dispute. Also why would I doi this to myself? New phones apple says? why would i want new ones? these are 3 weeks old. Why would I get hung up on everythime? Im on a mission and will go to apple's store and raise hell!!!!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not clear on this: when you did the restore, are you sure you chose Restore As A New Phone, and not Restore From Backup? Because if you're using a backup then yes the restrictions will definitely come back.

And what do you mean by "new phones apple says? why would I want new ones?" If they are offering you free new phones, TAKE THEM and it will probably solve all this.

Finally, what is the registry you mentioned? And what do you mean by "it's cooked?" To be honest it seems like it's probably a simpler solution (like the restore As New thing) that has just been overlooked and not a conspiracy. Why would Apple/AT&T care about the Restrictions?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You might also try this, but I'm not sure if it works on iOS 5:

(from Apple discussion forums):
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2667637?start=15&tstart=0

1. Download iPhone Backup Extractor iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor (This is for OSX, if you are using Windows there are other Backup Extractor programs although my iPhone syncs with a Mac so you will have to tweak these directions to work with the Windows program, here is one of the Windows programs I found: iPhone Backup Extractor for Windows and Mac)
2. Extract the Zip file you downloaded, move the App to your Applications folder, then run the App
3. Click on Read Backups, in the window that pops up click on the backup file of the device you need the lost pin for, then click Choose
4. You will have a list of all the Apps on the phone. Scroll to the bottom of the list and click on iOS Files, then click on Extract. Choose a folder where you want the files to be extracted to.
5. After it finishes extracting go to the folder where you extracted the files and follow this directory path: iOS Files --> Library --> Preferences
6. In that folder find the file "com.apple.springboard.plist" and open it. (Read note below if on Windows)
7. In Property List Editor look for the key titled "SBParentalControlsPin"
8. Look to the right of that entry and you will see the 4 digit PIN. You can now remove/modify parental controls

(NOTE: If you are on Windows and do not have a program that will read PLIST files then open the file with Notepad instead. It will mostly look like garbled junk and words running together but towards the end of the file look for 4 successive digits, if there is more than one place with 4 successive digits then try them all, one of them will be your pin).

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So here is my theory:

Apple had 2 factory unlocked phones, set a password, enabled restrictions, and went into reg and deleted all eveidence with this.

Buyer discoveres the restrictions on both phones, Apple says they didnt do it, ATT says they didnt do it, Now Im screwed and its my word against their's. NOT SO FAST ala Coach Corso. I have a witness that actually saw, heaqrd, and taped parts of this dispute. Also why would I doi this to myself? New phones apple says? why would i want new ones? these are 3 weeks old. Why would I get hung up on everythime? Im on a mission and will go to apple's store and raise hell!!!!

I would def make sure u restore and set up as new .. If not go to apple hopefully they didn't flag your account for JB .. What is your phone not allowing you to do That's in the restrictions ? Force phone to recovery turn off hold home button and plug in cable to computer

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not clear on this: when you did the restore, are you sure you chose Restore As A New Phone, and not Restore From Backup? Because if you're using a backup then yes the restrictions will definitely come back.

And what do you mean by "new phones apple says? why would I want new ones?" If they are offering you free new phones, TAKE THEM and it will probably solve all this.

Finally, what is the registry you mentioned? And what do you mean by "it's cooked?" To be honest it seems like it's probably a simpler solution (like the restore As New thing) that has just been overlooked and not a conspiracy. Why would Apple/AT&T care about the Restrictions?

OK so I got the phones home and 3 days later I JB'd mine. I was looking through the settings and came to the restirictions and it said ON. I then looked up this somewhere and found out what it does. Since I have no children and my girlfriend is child free I came to the conclusion that neither of did this(after I restored to FACTORY setting meaning I just clicked the restore and not the Shift restore as I know perfectly what I'm doing. Both times I restored to factory. Both times I had this problem with not having a restrictions that was OFF they are ON in both phones. OK so now you know. Here is also what happened:

So Massie Im in a dilema.......I need to now if these phones are factory unlocked and i need to know if I can manually build that registry part. If I can build the redistry then Ill keep the phones easy!!!! Cooked is a term some IT guys use to explain something deleted or disapper aka cooked. LOL its not easier becauise it wont work Trust me bro I did my homework I jailbreaqk 3+ phojnes a day and sell maybe 3-5 unlocks per week on the 3gs and 4s(01.59.00 baseband)

As far as ATT anjd Apple crying me a river I have no idea why they would endorse such bad deal.. I actually sleep in a bed, surf the net, and be good!

Ill leave you with this though:

Why would Apple risk going through 4 phones when only 2 is needed? IDK. What do verizon and sprint black out and mess with the esn numbers? So this is what doesnt make sense and correct me if Im wrong......Jerry Garcia wants to play a round of golf and Kimmock accepts and myself accept

This registry I mention is just like going into your start button and enter regedit into your line and run......It'll bring you to the basement of your comp. Now, The registry for the iphone is the same thing pretty much. You can use your money and do what you like with it.

Mass,

The 2 new phones will work but I need to know if these restrictions can be taken off bc I gurantee these is an unlock on there somewhere they DONT want me to see. Why? IDK but it is all about the dollar. I can literally sell these for $350ish per as long as they officially unlocked. Why would ATT/Apple get any good vibes out of these experiences and Ill say:

Why wouldnt you hook us up with 2 unlocks phone instead of 2 unlocked but nothing we can do but if we could excess it to hear those bills next!

FOR THE LAST TIME FELLAS ILL SAY THIS: I ALREADY DID A FULL RESET AND RESTORE MEANING MY PHONE WAS LIKE THE DAY I BOUGHT IT....IT HAD LANGUAGE, COUNTRY, LOCATION SERVICES, AND THEN I WAITINED UP TO 3 MINS AND WAS GOLDEN.......

yES I ALREADY OPEN THE CAN OF BEANS BY TELLING THEM I JB THE PHONE BUT WHAT DID I KNOW? I KNOW THAT SAYING THAT PROBABLY GOT BE MARKED BY APPLE BUT ILL TELL YOU GUYS I DONT GIVE A ****! SINCE 6 WEEKS AGO I HAVE JB 3 PER DAY, AND CAN UNLOCK AT MOST BASEBANDS IN 3GS(I DONT LIKE THE CONCEPT OF USING BASEBAND BUT ITS WHAT THEY WANTED. I FOR ONE HAVENT BEEN THE SAME SINCE THE BREAK AND CONVERT PEOPLE ALL THE TIME AS I HATE APPLE BUT LOVE THEIR PHONE BUT IT HAS TO BE JAILED.

SO IT LOOKS LIKE IM AT SQUARE ONCE A SIMPLY GO TO Lzz....I KNOW THIS SUCKS AND NOONE HAS AN SWER FOR ME BUT IF THEY SAID AH WELL ITS THE STUFF.....STUFF? WHATCHA TALKING ABOUT WILLIS?

So yes i tried the iphone extractor as I have 2 registered copy and this is the **** to see things inside that car. Its a good thing though~ ttys

BK

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Bckeefe... You make me want to punch babies!!!
You are rambling on like some lunatic!
You CLEARLY have no idea what you are talking about... You have oral diarrhea. You can't stop $h!t from coming out of your mouth.
Restore as new... PROBLEM SOLVED but not according to you... At&t will send you two replacement phones, problem solved but not according to you.
Nobody at apple or AT&T magically put restrictions on your phone that you cannot fix.
So please in the best interest of babies EVERYWHERE shut up.
I dislike you more than zephyr... Ask massie how I feel about zephyr

bckeefe2004

Banned
Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
"Still Waiting"...........".Still Waiting" ala Phish ala TH's

You might also try this, but I'm not sure if it works on iOS 5:

(from Apple discussion forums):
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2667637?start=15&tstart=0

1. Download iPhone Backup Extractor iPhone / iPod Touch Backup Extractor (This is for OSX, if you are using Windows there are other Backup Extractor programs although my iPhone syncs with a Mac so you will have to tweak these directions to work with the Windows program, here is one of the Windows programs I found: iPhone Backup Extractor for Windows and Mac)
2. Extract the Zip file you downloaded, move the App to your Applications folder, then run the App
3. Click on Read Backups, in the window that pops up click on the backup file of the device you need the lost pin for, then click Choose
4. You will have a list of all the Apps on the phone. Scroll to the bottom of the list and click on iOS Files, then click on Extract. Choose a folder where you want the files to be extracted to.
5. After it finishes extracting go to the folder where you extracted the files and follow this directory path: iOS Files --> Library --> Preferences
6. In that folder find the file "com.apple.springboard.plist" and open it. (Read note below if on Windows)
7. In Property List Editor look for the key titled "SBParentalControlsPin"
8. Look to the right of that entry and you will see the 4 digit PIN. You can now remove/modify parental controls

(NOTE: If you are on Windows and do not have a program that will read PLIST files then open the file with Notepad instead. It will mostly look like garbled junk and words running together but towards the end of the file look for 4 successive digits, if there is more than one place with 4 successive digits then try them all, one of them will be your pin).

Thank you Massey but I also have this program on my desktop......its a great program however it is missing 2 lines exactly where the pin should be.....I have opened up 2 of these other files with other files as my 2 buddies and there was a PIN there so much so that I tiold then I will unlock thayt found for a couple mins but mofo man. Trust me it sthe MB detachment,

And btw you speak like entering numbers into the phone is a novelty...lol. Well for me I have 2 tries left and then my phone seized up so I just want let your husband know I will be leaving here around 1230ish or when he calls me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekintech1