Car Mounts............. What are you using?

sanibel

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My all time favorite is the Pro Clip. One car mount will last you the life of your car, regardless what phone you have. Each mount (literally) fits the specific car you drive, not some fit-all type nonsense.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Will the iOttie fit the 6 Plus? In a thin case?

I'm currently using the Proclip vent mount for my 4S, and like it. I like how it doesn't obstruct the windshield (which already has a GPS). So that's an option, too. I'm already loving Hey Siri.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm currently using the Proclip vent mount for my 4S, and like it. I like how it doesn't obstruct the windshield (which already has a GPS). So that's an option, too. I'm already loving Hey Siri.

If you order the largest one, yes. I have the one for the note 2 and I could probably put a little bit bigger case on it. Have the incipio dual pro right now. It definitely fits though.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
Anyone have pictures of car mounts in use? I think I'd like one but I'm still on the fence.

I keep trying to find a spot for my 6 plus in my car but haven't found a convenient place, yet.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have pictures of car mounts in use? I think I'd like one but I'm still on the fence.

I keep trying to find a spot for my 6 plus in my car but haven't found a convenient place, yet.

Well the only camera I have IS my phone, but I find I like mine mounted on the left hand side of the steering wheel. I'll send a pic along in a few as I'm heading that way.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
This is how I have mine. Best place for me. Doesn't obstruct, but can get to it if I'm using GPS.

Sent from my Sensationally Silver 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus using TapatalkImageUploadedByTapatalk1412118725.845189.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1412118741.664114.jpg

Last edited:

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the pictures. What mount is that? It looks like a universal mount?

It's the iOttie. Bought it when I was considering the note 2. Love having a universal though. I had one specifically for my 4 with an Otterbox and hated that I couldn't use it without the Otterbox. Have used this one for 2 years now and it's still going strong.

pararigger

Sep 17, 2014
Visit site
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412207395.990508.jpg

Picked this up at Walmart for five bucks. I got tired of buying a new mount for almost every phone (and I change phones a lot). So far it's held phones ranging in size from the iPhone 4 to the Lumia 1520 (6" screen) with no problems. I've used it hanging from my mirror and air vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heberman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for the Kenu Airframe+.

It works great on my 2006 Mini Cooper. I put it in the vent just to the right of the steering wheel. It holds the phone up high where I see incoming notifications without distraction while I drive.

It's so easy to remove that I think it will fall out of the vent. However, it has never fallen in the few days I have used this larger model and never fell out during the 6 months I used the smaller model for my iPhone 5s. And my little car drives rough over bumps and around curves.

I love it and the think it has made me a safer driver because I'm not tempted to fumble with my phone while driving. For $30 it seems pretty pricey for what it is, but I haven't found a better, unobtrusive mount for my little car.

bboykin87

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

I have the iottie 2 and it works fine with the plus in a thin case. Might be able to fit in the Otterbox but I don't think it would be secure, my friend's note wasn't

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I have the iottie 2 and it works fine with the plus in a thin case. Might be able to fit in the Otterbox but I don't think it would be secure, my friend's note wasn't

Not that I have an Otterbox to test, but my phone in a leather wallet case is sitting pretty secure. I would totally trust it. I do give the holders for the side a little extra squeeze just to make sure.

MacBipes

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Been using ProClips since 2010, and love them. Fit in each car with easy installation and no suction cups!

I took an older suction cup mount I had with a magnet mount apart. The magnet is now mounted directly to my ProClip bracket in my Audi A4. Just hide the metal plate — mine is behind a Spigen Neo Hybrid case from Amazon.

Super nice to have it mounted by the media center in the car with no clips showing. The magnet is still strong enough to hold my 6 Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77