Hello from Boston

Guisado

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
So, as you may have guessed I'm new to this. I'm trying to get smart on using some capabilities. If you might point me in the right direction, thank you.

2 things and trying to figure out. 1) How to make phone calls (iPhone) using voice control. 2) How to synchronize my PC (Outlook) with my iPhone contacts. Thanks for the help.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
So, as you may have guessed I'm new to this. I'm trying to get smart on using some capabilities. If you might point me in the right direction, thank you.

2 things and trying to figure out. 1) How to make phone calls (iPhone) using voice control. 2) How to synchronize my PC (Outlook) with my iPhone contacts. Thanks for the help.
Hello and welcome to iMore, glad to have you aboard. As far as making calls using voice control, you simply ask Siri to call a name in your contact list.

I don’t use outlook for my contacts, but there are folks out there on the forums who can help you with that.

Guisado

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to the iMore Forums!

What kind of account do you have set up in Microsoft Outlook?
I'm not sure. I started using Outlook back when things were client/server. Outlook provides everything in the Microsoft world. (Email, contacts, calendar, etc.)
For me, I think, is more of a transition which could take me some time. I have a lot of email content in Outlook without like to keep. That's a whole other issue.

Guisado

Feb 10, 2024
Visit site
Hello and welcome to iMore, glad to have you aboard. As far as making calls using voice control, you simply ask Siri to call a name in your contact list.

I don’t use outlook for my contacts, but there are folks out there on the forums who can help you with that.
Yes, I use Siri will. The issue is during a call voice control stops working. So, if you get voicemail and want to hang up can't. Voice control doesn't start working again until the call disconnects.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! Make yourself at home and enjoy the site! I found everything works best using iCloud. iCloud notes. iCloud Contacts. etc.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. I started using Outlook back when things were client/server. Outlook provides everything in the Microsoft world. (Email, contacts, calendar, etc.)
For me, I think, is more of a transition which could take me some time. I have a lot of email content in Outlook without like to keep. That's a whole other issue.
It’s still client/server.

In Outlook, if you go into the File tab, in the Info sub-tab, click on Account Settings and then Account Settings again.

It should give you a lot of your mail accounts. In the Type column, you will see the kind of account you have.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77