Can I get to the "other" data that is shown on iTunes to free up space on my iPhone4?

Palm Junky

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I went the cheapie route and got an iPhone 4 (only 8GB) and now I am constantly running out of space. When I sync with iTunes, I see "other" taking up a lot of space along with photos, music, etc. Is the re any way to access this "other" data either on iTunes or on the phone, or will it require a jailbreak and/or file manager... if there is one?

Thanks for your help!

P.S.: I did look through the other forum threads, but could not find anything, so I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere else!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Can I get to the "other" data that is shown on iTunes to free up space on my ...

I went the cheapie route and got an iPhone 4 (only 8GB) and now I am constantly running out of space. When I sync with iTunes, I see "other" taking up a lot of space along with photos, music, etc. Is the re any way to access this "other" data either on iTunes or on the phone, or will it require a jailbreak and/or file manager... if there is one?

Thanks for your help!

P.S.: I did look through the other forum threads, but could not find anything, so I apologize in advance if this is answered somewhere else!

The short answer is NO.

The long answer is that the other data includes the Operating System (iOS) and other data that the iPhone needs to function. There's no way to get to it and you can't get rid of it.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Palm Junky

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I get to the "other" data that is shown on iTunes to free up space on my ...

I was afraid of that... but thanks so much for answering my question so quickly!!

The short answer is NO.

The long answer is that the other data includes the Operating System (iOS) and other data that the iPhone needs to function. There's no way to get to it and you can't get rid of it.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can I get to the "other" data that is shown on iTunes to free up space on my ...

You might want to consider doing a restore as new via iTunes and then re-sync the phone...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vber