Can a BlackBerry guy take a bite of the Apple Watch?

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thought he meant the phone color, which was gold! Yes got the Space Grey Sports watch with black band, 400 was all I could afford! I'm Rich in name only! lol

I did.
How do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I did.
How do you like it?

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Some things I LOVE, the screen for example, NOTHING beats that retina display, and of course the eco system, BUT there are a few things I have to get used too. For example I don't like the headphone jack placement. I would have preferred it at the top or on the side. Also I encountered a strange bug that causes siri to trigger when I use certain high end headphones, thus limiting the headphones I am able to use. Fortunately I found a good pair that does work. I'm also not happy about the email attachment situation, BUT I do most of my emailing on my passport anyways.

Overall though I do really like it and I look forward to trying the watch on it! :)

Bigeric23

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What do you miss about Blackberry? I used to use Blackberry, but I can't say I miss anything.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

I don't miss anything, either, but I have a coworker (current iPhone user) that constantly laments about his past Blackberry.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Some things I LOVE, the screen for example, NOTHING beats that retina display, and of course the eco system, BUT there are a few things I have to get used too. For example I don't like the headphone jack placement. I would have preferred it at the top or on the side. Also I encountered a strange bug that causes siri to trigger when I use certain high end headphones, thus limiting the headphones I am able to use. Fortunately I found a good pair that does work. I'm also not happy about the email attachment situation, BUT I do most of my emailing on my passport anyways.

Overall though I do really like it and I look forward to trying the watch on it! :)

Rich, for the mail situation, I strongly recommend you try out myMail. It supports almost every mail provider and has full attachment support including the iOS8 Document Picker.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431101944.864377.jpg

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I didn't really want to start the email debate. I AM aware of the fact that there are some 3rd party solution and I think that is great. I use photon for my flash needs in fact (I accept that flash is on the way out), BUT I would really prefer it that the native email support attachments AND I really love the hub. I KNOW I'm a minority opinion on that around here, but I for one would love to see the hub on iOS. Although as some have pointed out it probably would not work as well on iOS as it does on BB. After all these years why can't they simply add attachment support? Anyways it's not a deal breaker and as has been pointed out there ARE solutions.

My point was there are a few little things I don't like. ;) Heck there are things I don't like about BlackBerry. Don't get me started about that mess of a contacts app on BB10! It always annoys me when the fans on ANY side blindly defend, or won't see the good of the other side. ;) I truly am platform agnostic!

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
No debate intended, was just tossing a great email app for you to try. I think it basically is a hub for iOS, with much more emphasis on email and less on social networks, messaging, etc. It's even got the swipey stuff that some folks like ;)

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
No debate intended, was just tossing a great email app for you to try. I think it basically is a hub for iOS, with much more emphasis on email and less on social networks, messaging, etc. It's even got the swipey stuff that some folks like ;)

For sure I will try it! :) Thanks bro :)

austinsharron

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
What do you miss about Blackberry? I used to use Blackberry, but I can't say I miss anything.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

The physical keyboard and led notification light were definitely two things I miss about blackberry. I have an Apple Watch and iPhone 6 but I just ordered the blackberry classic to use running off my personal hotspot. Mineaswell mix it up! I love all platforms BESIDES Windows phone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77