Blocking SMS

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to block SMS messages from a specific phone number on the iPhone? I've been getting text message spam lately and can't figure out how to block the sender.

Thanks in advance.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You can either do this by calling Verizon directly, or log into your Verizon account online and block them from there. However, from what I have read the blocked number is only good for a short period of time (90 days). Then you will need to re-block it if need be.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Reactions: anon(157335)

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
You can either do this by calling Verizon directly, or log into your Verizon account online and block them from there. However, from what I have read the blocked number is only good for a short period of time (90 days). Then you will need to re-block it if need be.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

yes you are correct it is only 90 days for the free version with vzw. Two things you should know, you can make it specific for one line on the account or all lines on the account. And at one point there was a paid version but i am not sure on price or if it is still available. works wonderful. usually before the 90 days is up they stop trying.