black screen when mirroring Macbook Air & Apple TV

TheTorchMarina

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the latest Apple TV, Mac Book Air and Ipad ? when I pair my Ipad with Apple TV (all gadgets bought recently) everything works fine and can clearly see everything being played on my Ipad ? however when I try to do the same with Mac Book Air, once I switch to MBA, the TV screen goes black (no picture, no sound) ?. after approximately 30-45 sec the TV turns up again with Apple TV welcome screen ? From time to time I managed to see screen of Mac Book Air when pairing with Apple TV but the picture is static (frozen) with no movements and changes every 20-30 seconds again to be static ? I would really appreciate if someone could help me ?. Many thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have the latest Apple TV, Mac Book Air and Ipad … when I pair my Ipad with Apple TV (all gadgets bought recently) everything works fine and can clearly see everything being played on my Ipad … however when I try to do the same with Mac Book Air, once I switch to MBA, the TV screen goes black (no picture, no sound) …. after approximately 30-45 sec the TV turns up again with Apple TV welcome screen … From time to time I managed to see screen of Mac Book Air when pairing with Apple TV but the picture is static (frozen) with no movements and changes every 20-30 seconds again to be static … I would really appreciate if someone could help me …. Many thanks!

Are the MBA and the AppleTV on the same wireless network? That is a known issue... one must be connected to the internet via ethernet for this to work...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4