Ask a AT&T Rep!

Tinlau

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
3G has been promised to be coming to Vermont for 3+ months now by at&t and local media, any info on when I can expect 3G service???

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
3G has been promised to be coming to Vermont for 3+ months now by at&t and local media, any info on when I can expect 3G service???

Before they fix San Francisco or New York. Having missed their commitment of 2009, perhaps they will make 2010.

In fairness to the "steaming pile of failure," 3G is available in Vermont. I saw it on New Years Day for about 2 miles on I91 at White River Junction. (Perhaps only leaking over the border from New Hampshire.)

Part of what one needs to understand about AT&T is that it is still not one homogeneous company. Cingular, who had no 3G, purchased AT&T Wireless, which had 3G in some markets, and took the iconic AT&T name. While the senior management is Cingular, the regional management is still fragmented. Even Los Angeles, where I could only find EDGE at the international airport, and San Francisco, where I could find 3G but it did not work, do not have the same management and cannot inter-operate billing systems. No Family Plan for those whose families span the border and want local numbers.

As users, this means that some of us get much better service than others. For example, 3G in New Hampshire but not in Vermont. Micro-cell in the Carolinas, but not in major markets.

Does the iPhone trump local coverage? Are people who live in poor AT&T service areas choosing it anyway to get the iPhone? Is that why we hear so much complaint from iPhone users?

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Not sure how you answered the user's question, but I guess you felt like ranting about your love for AT&T.

Guzman

Mar 18, 2010
www.GuzmanWebsites.com
I am a state employee. I get 15% off on some things, and I was told I get 50% off accessories. But when I got my phone I got 1 accessory free with the purchase of 2 others. The free accessory was a $15 set of screen protectors.

Am I supposed to get 50% off or is that null when I get a package like I did. Because frankly, I got jipped considering I paid $50 for an Otterbox, and $30 for another case. I got a $15 item free, when I should have gotten almost $50 bucks off.

scottkrep

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
cost of all plans

I am new to the BLOG area....this is a first for me. I have ATT for DSL at home, I have my Iphone with the $30 data plan, and I will be getting an Ipad when it is out. I just can't see paying for 3 plans so that I can have data from AT&T....when will see see an all in one plan that is economical from AT&T? Not to mention to cost of a texting plan for the family....just seems to be more and more money....THANKS

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPad question, when it comes out and I purchase it with the $30 unlimited data plan, will I be able to use it in Canada, if so will it include roaming or how will i get charged extra on a pay as you go plan?

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Ok, had an iphone switched to blackberry now I want to go back to an iphone. How does the data plan thing work I know I have to change the BB data to iphone data thats cool. How will that effect my bill though. Its the 16th and my billing period will not start over until the 8th of next month any body know how much ill have to pay?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Ok, had an iphone switched to blackberry now I want to go back to an iphone. How does the data plan thing work I know I have to change the BB data to iphone data thats cool. How will that effect my bill though. Its the 16th and my billing period will not start over until the 8th of next month any body know how much ill have to pay?

You may the same amount, but it'll be split on your bill.

Example. If you cycle started on the 1st and you switched
on the 16th, you would have a $15 charge half of the
month with the BB plan and $15 for the other half for the
iPhone plan.

I know this is late, but hope this helps still as well as others
who may have the same concern.

mgrebel1787

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought a 3GS in January. If I add an iPhone 4 to my plan for family member and give them the 3GS am I grandfathered in under old data usage plan? It's connected to number not phone correct?

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
ok so here goes.

Is there anyway that at&t can locate my phone through gps such as google maps or wifi connection(when logged into my facebook.)
When the person inserts a new sim does at&t automataclly flag it as stolen and disables it or what?

Sunday night my phone got stolen.
i reported with police and at&t
police said talk with at&t and vice versa.
The captain said that they couldn't send out a distress signal on the phone without bolo papers(endangered child) witch is totally understandable but i just want my phone. honestly. back to the old blackberry for now....

btw. i dont have mobile me or ihound or anything like that. the closest thing would be google maps or twitter location.