Appstore query

souls33k3r

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm very confused about this. If a game which was once priced for ?0.69p on appstore then went for free and i downloaded it (and still got it) and by the time the update to that game came out that game was no longer free. When i update that game, will the update be free or do i have to pay for it?

Thanks

Daniel.Jones

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey souls
In this situation this depends upon the firm that they are providing the update for free or they are gonna charge for it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Daniel, as of right now, Apple hasn't figured out how to allow a developer to charge for an update. If a dev wants to charge he has to release the update as a new app.

KenL

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
The other factor to consider is if you have multiple iTunes account names, you need to make sure you download the app (if you are installing on a new device) using the account name that you used when you first downloaded the app. If you use a different account you will be charged. This is also true for recovering in-app purchases that can be recovered, use the exact same iTunes account to download the app and you should be fine.