Apple Watch in Stores Service

Elmox

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So today I had to bring in my Apple Watch Sport for service. Every time I would get a notification I would get a sort of feed back coming from the watches speaker. My Apple Watch was diagnosed and was clearly found to have a hardware defect. As soon as the diagnosis was complete I was promptly informed that my watch had to go in for service and it would be about 3-4 business days before I get it back!!!!!?????? I find it completely unacceptable as the watch has become a big part of my daily routine. I'm just completely disappointed!

Elmox

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Well that stinks!! I'm guessing you have Apple Care and it was covered at no charge though? Could be worse...

I do have apple care but my issue is behind one....The thing is still under warranty and the other thing if they can swap out our phones and ipads on the spot how is it that you don't have replacements in store.

Tito71

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
So today I had to bring in my Apple Watch Sport for service. Every time I would get a notification I would get a sort of feed back coming from the watches speaker. My Apple Watch was diagnosed and was clearly found to have a hardware defect. As soon as the diagnosis was complete I was promptly informed that my watch had to go in for service and it would be about 3-4 business days before I get it back!!!!!?????? I find it completely unacceptable as the watch has become a big part of my daily routine. I'm just completely disappointed!

have to join and share my experience (Laval, Canada): (this is the long story short)

- Sept 13, 2015 After unpairing my Apple Watch -during the backup process my watch just frozed, went to Apple Store and confirmed that it needed to have it fix (reload software) it can't be done on site so they have to ship it out to the Canadian depot
- As of today Oct 13, 2015 I still don't have my Apple Watch!
- Called Apple Care to complain: Sir, the watch is handled by the Apple Store sorry can't do nothing to help you out
- Called many times the Apple Store: Sir, you have to be patient, we will call you when it will arrive...
- Called again few days later the Apple Store: The service depot are unable to fix it, they need to order a new one (Sept 21, 2015) it should be there soon
- Called again Apple Store a week later, it says processing at the service depot, nothing else
- Called again Apple Store few days later, it says shipping (Oct 2, 2015) but don't have it yet, can you tell me at least where is the service depot so I have an general idea of how much time it will take to arrive? No sir, be patient when it will arrive we will call you
- Complained again at Apple Care (phone) now got transferred to second level - they asked the manager of the Apple Store to call me,
- He did today (oct 13, 2015), went to meet him today, we have no idea what happened we are sorry, it's a new product, we don't have Spare Apple Watch on site for fast exchange
- The manager is telling most probably next week...or in the mean time buy a new Apple Watch at full price (what???)

Last edited:

Elmox

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
have to join and share my experience (Laval, Canada): (this is the long story short)

- Sept 13, 2015 After unpairing my Apple Watch -during the backup process my watch just frozed, went to Apple Store and confirmed that it needed to have it fix (reload software) it can't be done on site so they have to ship it out to the Canadian depot
- As of today Oct 13, 2015 I still don't have my Apple Watch!
- Called Apple Care to complain: Sir, the watch is handled by the Apple Store sorry can't do nothing to help you out
- Called many times the Apple Store: Sir, you have to be patient, we will call you when it will arrive...
- Called again few days later the Apple Store: The service depot are unable to fix it, they need to order a new one (Sept 21, 2015) it should be there soon
- Called again Apple Store a week later, it says processing at the service depot, nothing else
- Called again Apple Store few days later, it says shipping (Oct 2, 2015) but don't have it yet, can you tell me at least where is the service depot so I have an general idea of how much time it will take to arrive? No sir, be patient when it will arrive we will call you
- Complained again at Apple Care (phone) now got transferred to second level - they asked the manager of the Apple Store to call me,
- He did today (oct 13, 2015), went to meet him today, we have no idea what happened we are sorry, it's a new product, we don't have Spare Apple Watch on site for fast exchange
- The manager is telling most probably next week...or in the mean time buy a new Apple Watch at full price (what???)

This one experince is really making me feel twice about my purchase of the apple watch. I dont understand why there is such a big issue with just swapping out the device after it has been found to be defective or why is taking so long to get a better system in place to handle these situations. I should have stayed with my fitbit surge.:crying:

Tito71

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's a bit more information on what I've learned up to this point (at least here in Laval, Canada)

- Even if I bought the Apple Care program for the watch (would be willing to pay the fee for the repair fee incident) the Apple Store don't have any Apple Watch in store for this program - so there's a waiting time for that too!

- When I first called Apple Care (before going to the Apple Store) they gave me 2 options A) we ship you a new Apple Watch in the next 3-5 days an lock your credit card for 299$ until we received your watch and make sure it's only a software glitch and that the Apple Watch has no physical damage or B) if you want to make it faster (since I told them I didn't want to miss the Watch OS2 update) you go to the Apple Store they confirmed on site there's no physical damage and make a swap on site. I chose option B (what a big mistake and a lie from them) next time it will be option A since there was never any Apple Watch in store for the swap like I said earlier

- After choosing option B, went to the Apple Store, do you have an appointment sir ? no but I just spent one hour with Apple Care, I can give you the case number I just need for you to confirmed my watch has no physical damage and that I need a replacement Watch.. no sir take an appointment and then we will talk to you

- Apple Care on the phone was not better with the Apple Watch troubleshooting - I dialed in for French Support, during the whole troubleshooting process she would tell me hold on I need to talk to my supervisor, next step I said still not working, oh have to talk to my supervisor, up to a point where I said give me your supervisor and I will talk to him in English without you going back and forth for translation

- I still don't understand the purpose of Apple Customer service (level 2, I call it that way since I got transfered from the regular customer support for my case) I had to explained my case to them, me thinking oh it's a level 2 maybe they have more power to fix the problem of me waiting forever! I now have your case in my hand I will personnal take care of it, the only thing she did is call the Apple Store and came back to me with the same information I already new, they don't have your Apple Watch you still have to wait and be patient (that's level 2???) - Note: Thanks DevilishBanker I didn't know it was called Apple Customer Relations department

- I call Apple Care no not us the Apple Store (you gave your Apple Watch to them so it's in their hand)
- I call the Apple Store no not us the service depot
- I can't call the service depot...

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Here's a bit more information on what I've learned up to this point (at least here in Laval, Canada)

- Even if I bought the Apple Care program for the watch (would be willing to pay the fee for the repair fee incident) the Apple Store don't have any Apple Watch in store for this program - so there's a waiting time for that too!

- When I first called Apple Care (before going to the Apple Store) they gave me 2 options A) we ship you a new Apple Watch in the next 3-5 days an lock your credit card for 299$ until we received your watch and make sure it's only a software glitch and that the Apple Watch has no physical damage or B) if you want to make it faster (since I told them I didn't want to miss the Watch OS2 update) you go to the Apple Store they confirmed on site there's no physical damage and make a swap on site. I chose option B (what a big mistake and a lie from them) next time it will be option A since there was never any Apple Watch in store for the swap like I said earlier

- After choosing option B, went to the Apple Store, do you have an appointment sir ? no but I just spent one hour with Apple Care, I can give you the case number I just need for you to confirmed my watch has no physical damage and that I need a replacement Watch.. no sir take an appointment and then we will talk to you

- Apple Care on the phone was not better with the Apple Watch troubleshooting - I dialed in for French Support, during the whole troubleshooting process she would tell me hold on I need to talk to my supervisor, next step I said still not working, oh have to talk to my supervisor, up to a point where I said give me your supervisor and I will talk to him in English without you going back and forth for translation

That's really unfortunate, and I would be upset too. Have you spoken to someone in Apple's Customer Relations department?

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did, just added that info to my previous post thanks!

Good. Don't underestimate the power of a respectful letter to Apple headquarters. If customers don't address their concerns companies can't improve. Even Apple isn't perfect.

Apple, Inc.
1 Infinite Loop
Cupertino, CA 95014

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Tito71

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Good timing just got an email from Apple asking me to fill a survey regarding Customer Relations... Am honest and don't use bad words so am asking them to call me to discuss

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Good. Don't underestimate the power of a respectful letter to Apple headquarters. If customers don't address their concerns companies can't improve. Even Apple isn't perfect.

Good advice. Also, don't underestimate the power of a tweet. I'll guarantee you Apple is monitoring Twitter.

Tito71

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Day 3.... :crying: no watch.

After more than a month of waiting time to get back my Apple Watch
Still no firm date when I will get it back!
I don't even know how I feel anymore...
a mixte of everything

Thank You Apple

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would expect that the turn around time for the watch will be better for repairs soon. The same way if you went to get a new 6s replaced today the store might not have one in stock to swap it with.

Elmox

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I know im being impatient but to be honest this is the first time i ever have to wait on any apple product to be returned to me. Every time i have walked in to an aplle store i have always walked out with a working device.:confused:

Elmox

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
So i called the store and they said watch is back at depo. I was asked to wait untill the store reaches out to me...:crying:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dromen