Apple Restrictions

tshudyb

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I just recently purchased an iPad and I was wondering why Apple is so restrictive over what I can do with it? Why do all downloadable apps have to be preselected and only downloadable through the App Store? Why can't I download whatever I want? I don't need a babysitter! Why do they approve of tons of useless chicken scratch and deny all the great, worthwhile apps?:mad:
Also, why can't I jailbreak? I gave Apple my money already so why does Apple care about what I do with my iPad?

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I just recently purchased an iPad and I was wondering why Apple is so restrictive over what I can do with it? Why do all downloadable apps have to be preselected and only downloadable through the App Store? Why can't I download whatever I want? I don't need a babysitter! Why do they approve of tons of useless chicken scratch and deny all the great, worthwhile apps?:mad:
Also, why can't I jailbreak? I gave Apple my money already so why does Apple care about what I do with my iPad?
Not a chance I am going to get sucked into this discussion one more time.

No one listens to me anyway; I have an attitude problem.

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com

Blah blah blah blah blah. Get another tablet from HP or Dell and move on.

*sigh*

ifarlow

Mar 1, 2010
www.ianfarlow.com
We dealt with this junk all the time on BlackBerry Forums. It actually became a matter of routine for the regulars to publicly humiliate the trolls. Sort of like Dog-Pile-Friday on FJRForums.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I was three paragraphs in before I realized the guy was a troll and I was taking the bait and swallowing the sinker with the hook.:)

who says it's a guy?

for all we know it could be our friend vanityeverlastingbonet reincarnated? :D

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

Honestly, these are all things you should have looked into before making your purchase.