Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you're enjoying using Pay via your Watch, and I agree - the experience keeps getting better.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
No kidding. I'd just be happy if ANYBODY I do business with would take Apple Pay. In 12 months I've used Apple Pay twice - both times at Apple.

I'm seeing more and more places around me. I always use it at Walgreens and have been for a year. And also Panera. Then a few months back, I noticed that both grocery store chains near me now accept Apple Pay. Makes life so easy for me.

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
It was a great day for Apple Pay! This morning I got to use Apple Pay on my watch for the first time at Staples and then not two hours later I got to use it again at Pei Wei. Very cool! :biggrin:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It was a great day for Apple Pay! This morning I got to use Apple Pay on my watch for the first time at Staples and then not two hours later I got to use it again at Pei Wei. Very cool! :biggrin:

Nice! Used Pay three times today myself: at Walgreens, Meijer and Jimmy John's. With the banks holding merchants not accepting tokenized payments responsible for fraudulent transactions I'm sure adoption will continue to grow.

Speaking of tokenized payments, my wife and I were at Home Depot ordering carpet today and the cashier instructed me to insert my credit card into the chip reader versus swiping the magnetic strip. Out of curiosity, I asked her if management instructed her to mention the chip reader and she told me that they are required to bring it up and offer to help show customers how to use it.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Many of the places we do business have the swipe + chip reader machines and insist that you use the chip reader if your card has it. Perhaps it's more secure for the retailer as well?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Many of the places we do business have the swipe + chip reader machines and insist that you use the chip reader if your card has it. Perhaps it's more secure for the retailer as well?

It is! Simply put, if the card is swiped and the merchant gets hacked, the they is now responsible for covering losses. Using the chip (or any tokenized method such as Pay) is inherently safer for everyone because the merchant never gets, and therefore doesn't store, customers' card information. Remember the Target fiasco? It could have been avoided, or at least minimized, had customers used tokenized payment methods.

Although I work in private banking I can tell you that the banks are pushing this technology very aggressively. This will be a good thing for Pay users.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

cessex

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I love Apple Pay on my watch...I find myself going to places that accept it if possible. Like, now I'll go to Walgreens as opposed to CVS.

It still gets quite the reaction from cashiers. I get a lot of "what did you just do?" comments.

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I love using Apple Pay.... out of the 2 stores in my town that support it. (Small town problems). The way they look at you when they see you paying on your watch for the first time is pretty crazy.

Adnams

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Having had my debit card cloned (whilst quite innocently buying petrol one evening) and all the inconvenience that went along with it, I now use Apple Pay at every opportunity. No doubt some thieving toerag will eventually manage to break the likes of Apple Pay and Google Pay, but until then, Apple Pay is currently THE 'killer app' on the Watch in my opinion ...

And yes, the looks of bewilderment and disbelief you get from till staff and other people in the queue when you pay for your stuff using something on your wrist never get old :p

RobtRoma

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how every time I use my Watch to pay for something, someone makes a comment. :cool:

I've been using it at Walgreens and our regional supermarket (ShopRite). Sometimes I go for a walk to the Walgreens by my office and forget my phone. I've still been able to pay with ApplePay despite the fact the watch isn't connected to the phone. I love this.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Using my  Watch for  Pay is just the cat's meow man!!! We have these vending machines at work with NFC readers on them... I was using my iphone but now with the  Watch, it's ridiculously fun/easy/awesome!! It's at the perfect height too (mid torso)... no needing to reach for change, no need to even pull my phone out of my pocket or if I leave it at my desk!! I'm giddy with joy!!! :laughing:

tcuprof

Trusted Member
Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
Just got back from Orlando where I got to use Apple Pay on my watch probably 20+ times in one day. It turns out Disney takes Apple Pay so we used it to eat and drink our way around the world showcase at Epcot during the food & wine festival. VERY handy!! :biggrin:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl