Apple Music using iTunes

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Please share your experiences using Apple Music in iTunes. So far I've seen that the Beats 1 station does not show up under the "iTunes Radio" section. Also, I've added music to my library using my iPhone. The songs show up in iTunes on my MBP and Windows 7 PC, but they are grayed out and can't be played or downloaded. I'm liking Apple Music so far, but it would be nice if I could use it from my laptop too!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
iTunes seems to have not had anything updated in the Yosemite update that came out today too... No Beats1... but several of my saved iTunes Radio stations are gone...

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
It makes sense we would need an iTunes update but there hasn't been one. Apple certainly marketed Apple Music as available on all platforms. I didn't see any fine print that it isn't ready for iTunes yet, but perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I JUST went back to the apple site after checking earlier and now it says iTunes 12.2 is coming soon. Apple Music for Mac and PC are saying update to the latest iTunes though. I'm trying the download to see if the version is current or not.

Edit: Well the download is still the current version. I guess we will have to wait for now.

thrasherdawg

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
If you go to Apple Website, and click "start listening now", it will open up iTunes and say that you need iTunes 12.2 to play music. It then offers an "upgrade" button, but when you click it it takes you to the iTunes download page that still has 12.1.2. And from iTunes, if you choose update, it says 12.1.2 is the latest version. Hopefully the update pushes out soon.

Already listening on my iPad, as I was a Beats subscriber and converted over, but would like to use the desktop version for when I'm at my office. So far so good, a little bit of a learning curve coming from Beats, but not too different.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
So I've got the iTunes 12.2 update on my Mac now (it was available in the App Store as a system update once I got home). Now I see the Beats 1 station in addition to the content I added via Apple Music from my iPhone, but I still can't play anything. The Beats 1 station doesn't play and the songs I've added are still grayed out and won't play or download. Maybe by tomorrow it will all work right.

Last edited:

midnighte13

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Beats 1 definitely having troubles. I get unknown error -12880 on all devices when trying to load. Shame as I've been enjoying it all day.

crankerchick

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I got beats 1 to play last night eventually but none of my cloud music that I added to my library from my phone could be played. I had to sign out of the iTunes Store and sign back in to Apple Music from the "For You" tab to get it to work.