Anyone worried they won't be able to get an iPhone on Friday?

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
I got mine. Rather than wait till work, I decided to go at lunch. I thought there wouldn't be that much of a wait. But when I got there, there were about 20 people ahead of me. Turns out they were making a list, and many people left to come back once their name was on the list.

I waited about 3 hours, but I got it. When I was leaving (about 2:30) I overheard them saying that they just promised the last 16GB phone, and didn't have any more.

I didn't have it activated in store, the guy told me it might take 2 hours at home to get it activated. But I did it (at work, not home) and it took about 5 minutes.

Chris

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
If anyone shares the same optimism as I do, please post here. I live in Hawaii and am totally skeptic if I'll be able to run to the AT&T and get one on Friday, what about you guys? Anyone have calming points?

Hawaii, huh. Good place to be. Maybe the servers will be back before close of business in Hawaii. Otherwise, you might as well relax for a few days.

One application in ten fails, Eight in ten do about what one expects. One succeeds beyond anyone's wildest expectation. I tell my clients, "Plan for success." Apple apparently planned for "business as usual" and are choking on success.

Too bad.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
anyone worried they wont have their iPhone activated by Saturday? That should be the new title:p
Last time I could not activate my phone because I had a security freeze on my credit reports. This year I took it off effective 7/10 through 7/14. Now I am worried about whether the systems will be up and running by the 14th.

Kahne91123

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Well i went to the store today as soon as i could after work and they were out. But i did order it. they said it will take 7-10 days. I hope it doesnt take that long

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Well i went to the store today as soon as i could after work and they were out. But i did order it. they said it will take 7-10 days. I hope it doesnt take that long

I hope so too. The security freeze goes back on my credit record at midnight on the 14th.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
445pm. Download servers still unavailable.
Well, it is 515. Servers are now available. About 15 minutes ago, my all but dead iPhone lit up and started to do a restore. Apparently 7.7 had taken all day to download 2.0 but it had never stopped trying. Because it already had a connection to the iStore server, it would not let me start any others. I stopped and started the application and the iPhone eight or ten times during the day and it just kept trying to do its thing.

At one level I am not surprised. My experience with iTunes is that it is much more robust than most other applications but sometimes less than transparent. It was doing its thing correctly all day but I could not tell what it was doing. When I tried to download anything else from the store, instead of telling me that it was already busy downloading something, it said "connection timed out." It was doing the right thing but reporting wrong.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I got mine after 3 hours in line and 10 phones left after me. The reps told me to active it at home....well I did not know I needed 7.7 or knew it was out so it took more than an hour to get it. I was finally able to activate but I could not synch. Maybe I can know I don't know.

tony2979#CB

Jun 16, 2008
Visit site
WOW! Got back from the mall about a hour ago. The line at the Apple store was STILL a good 300-400 people deep. They must have had a BUNCH of iPhones to have sold from morning until now and still have avaliability. Tried to go in and find a case (there was a seperate and MUCH shorter line if you weren't buying a iPhone. Cases pretty much gone (except the goofy stuff)

michi_love

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't worried that I wasn't going to get an iPhone today and look what happened *waaaaaahhh* I am going to roll out of bed tomorrow and wait in line again... I think my store sold out in like 3-4 hours... NOT cool.

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't worried that I wasn't going to get an iPhone today and look what happened *waaaaaahhh* I am going to roll out of bed tomorrow and wait in line again... I think my store sold out in like 3-4 hours... NOT cool.

My att had only 40! I got number 30!:D

dstrauss#IM

Sep 20, 1999
Visit site
Well, I was flat wrong. Our local AT&T (Apple store is 300+ miles away) was sold out by 10:30 - this kinda sucks, but at least I have my 2.0 upgraded iPhone to keep me company. Still, this does seem to be a gross miscalculation of demand, and add that to the great handling of three simultaneous launches - priceless

BB-fan

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Well, I was flat wrong. Our local AT&T (Apple store is 300+ miles away) was sold out by 10:30 - this kinda sucks, but at least I have my 2.0 upgraded iPhone to keep me company. Still, this does seem to be a gross miscalculation of demand, and add that to the great handling of three simultaneous launches - priceless

Even thought I got one and its my first one I do feel you pain. Everything that was said on here from supply to payment methods was wrong or miscalculated.

HawaiiMacAddict

Jun 27, 2008
home.hawaii.rr.com
Aloha everyone,

I finally got here just after 7pm- my wife actually saved a place for me in line. There are about 200 people still in line here in Hawaii. I hope they have the 16GB white iPhone 3G- otherwise I'll have to wait in line all over again.

HawaiiMacAddict

emceechad

Jun 5, 2008
Visit site
Aloha everyone,

I finally got here just after 7pm- my wife actually saved a place for me in line. There are about 200 people still in line here in Hawaii. I hope they have the 16GB white iPhone 3G- otherwise I'll have to wait in line all over again.

HawaiiMacAddict

Dude, we should have met up, haha. I'm a failure for today. I hope you actually get one brah. :)

manho1dup

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
I am not worry about supply running out but I'm more worried about the lines. Those lines are ridiculously long. I was 5th in line when they decided to close and told everyone that the network was down so they took down everyone's name and said we can come back tomorrow anytime and don't have to wait in line. I will be there at 10am to pick up my new 16GB black iphone 3G.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnnybobble53