Anyone have luck buying a 5S in store?

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I was able to purchase mine at T-Mobile store last weekend. The store by me has had a 32gb Space grey almost every day since it was released, but I wanted a 16gb Silver one.

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Well I guess I'll try this weekend. I'm going to put my wife on the family plan and she's got an upgrade.

She is anti-tech and hates the idea of a smartphone. So I guess I'll wander down to Verizon and move the upgrade to my line and go from there.
I'm not going to go gaga and spend the day chasing down a 5S. If it's there, I'll buy it and if not I might order or I might wait a bit more and pick one up in the store. Either way, I'll end up with a 5S.

KingaSpades

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
AT&T stores in NC have nothing. I camped out for launch day with pizza and a laptop and a few really nice people. Got the first one. Went back a few days later to get my old 5 activated for my son and several people were there ordering. An employee told me that they weren't able to get enough to have one available for walk in customers. Everything they received already belonged to someone who ordered.

Nurnberg77

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
WTH?!!? No phones at all in the greater Houston area, according to the availability tool. And there's too much square mileage to cover here in Texas to start trying to get a phone "cold calling" on store locations in-person. This schiznit is frustrating as all get-out. You could have bank in your pocket to get the 64GB in all 3 colors but nobody has product for you. That's a buncha bull...

mikem#AC

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Picked it up last week. Got mine at an Apple store in Chicago suburbs. Verizon white 64g iPhone 5s . I used the in store pick up and purchased it with the Apple Store App. Check for availability before you submit your order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
WTH?!!? No phones at all in the greater Houston area, according to the availability tool. And there's too much square mileage to cover here in Texas to start trying to get a phone "cold calling" on store locations in-person. This schiznit is frustrating as all get-out. You could have bank in your pocket to get the 64GB in all 3 colors but nobody has product for you. That's a buncha bull...

I would call or go to Best Buy. I went in to the one on 290 in Cypress and bought a 32g Verizon Space Grey. It was a pre order that wasn't picked up.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site

Availability at Apple stores update constantly. All Apple stores get shipments daily, and their systems can update availability at any time throughout the day. Not just at opening or even during business hours. Just keep checking back randomly throughout the day, and if one pops up as available for in-store pickup, buy it quick. It won't stay available for long.

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Got one at best buy yesterday, white. The have a deal for $100 minimum trade in for any smart phone. I traded in an old blackberry worth about $20.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Launch day VZW corporate store in Long Island, NY (32gb Space Grey). Blue 5c picked up a week later from Apple flagship store (open 24hrs). My tip is to hit up Best Buy or go to Apple store overnight.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had to go to the mall today (Lenox Mall in Atlanta, GA) to get some stuff from the Adidas store (which happens to be right next door to the Apple store)...they had "plenty" of 5S's (according to the guy outside giving out the vouchers to the line), but no gold's. The stock is out there people.

bitshifter1001

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately the two Apple stores near me were both sold out of all 5S's. I walked into AT&T store next to the Apple store and they had a few of the 64GB Silver, of which I am now a proud owner. I walked out feeling both lucky and excited! Woohoo!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I had no problem picking up a 64GB space gray. After I sold that one, a week later I got myself a 32GB at another store with a pickup order from the online Apple Store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerrytg4