Anyone else finding their Series 2 is slowing down?

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine just got weird with Siri, I don't use it anymore, it got too quick to think I said something. I push, it listens, then before I can even ask it anything it says it didn't get what I said, well I haven't had a chance yet, gimmee a second lol

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Yep workout app takes a few touches to get going sometimes, been like if for a while now even after updates, Nike AW2. My Wife has AP3 and is much faster. Planned obsolete probably, mine is only 18 months old.

ronpfid

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Mine is about that same age too. I have to reset it about 3-4 times a week, it will get so slow and sticky I cant' even slide faces. Yesterday it came in super dim, took several shakes and button presses to get it to light up. Had to reset it again. I won't get another AW, I'll go with something else for a change next watch. Mine only worked really good for about months, then as time went on, it keeps growing more and more annoying quirks.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Yep workout app takes a few touches to get going sometimes, been like if for a while now even after updates, Nike AW2. My Wife has AP3 and is much faster. Planned obsolete probably, mine is only 18 months old.

That’s the same issue my daughter has with hers. I hope it’s not planned obsolescence since the watch isn’t that old.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
The workout thing is a bug. I had the same thing on my s3. It’s fixed in watchOS 5. My workouts start instantly now.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
My workouts have been starting instantly on my S2 since watchOS 4.2; my watch really never lags. Sometimes it'll be a little unresponsive just as a notification is coming in.

I wonder if it has to do with how many apps are installed? I always turn off the feature to install all apps automatically (watch app, general, turn off "Automatic app install") and I install only those watch apps that I really use (Overcast, DarkSky, AutoSleep).

Graham Lee77

May 23, 2015
Visit site
My Series 2 is getting to the point of unusable to do anything on. Even raise to wake to see the time gets a delay now.

Pressing the screen or the Digital Crown doesn’t always wake it. Starting apps is very sluggish to the point where I give up and go back to the Home Screen.

The Workouts app takes an absolute age to respond, and I look like a bit of an ***** repeatedly hitting start activity on the screen to get it to respond.

I might do a reset and start the watch off again from scratch, but I have noticed it get progressively slower since watchOS 4 came out.

I don’t want to know what watchOS 5 is going to be like on it at this point!

RTakher209

Nov 7, 2017
Visit site
I still use my Series 2 as a back up and I’ve noticed it has slowed down quite a bit. It lags on occasions and loading certain things take a bit longer. My Digital Crown doesn’t even work anymore. Luckily I can still swipe on the screen. It’s still manageable as I only use it when I’m at work. Then I switch to series 4 at home. What a difference.