Anybody regret getting the pacific blue?

strikeIII

Oct 6, 2016
Visit site
Pacific Blue 12 Pro Max is the first color I've ever gotten as I always got black. I really like the Blue but I will probably go back to black next year.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I don’t use a phone for the color of the body. I like the blue. I only wish the iPhone 12 color blue was available as a Pro model. The regular Pro would be nice in the glossy blue.

Last edited:

naddy6969

May 29, 2017
Visit site
The color of the phone makes no difference to me. Everything immediately goes into a black case anyway. iPhones, iPad Pros, iPod touch. Everything is in a case.

I will NEVER understand people who carry around a $1,000 phone or a $1,500 iPad Pro without spending $15 on a case. Sheer madness.

I had a nice case for my new 12 Pro Max before I even bought the phone. It’s graphite, but my previous 8 plus was silver. Both are/were in a black case. I like the “Wallet” style soft case with stand for watching TV or whatever. The phone is totally enclosed, so when I do get around to dropping it, it is totally protected.

Last edited:

Hansana

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The color of the phone makes no difference to me. Everything immediately goes into a black case anyway. iPhones, iPad Pros, iPod touch. Everything is in a case.

I will NEVER understand people who carry around a $1,000 phone or a $1,500 iPad Pro without spending $15 on a case. Sheer madness.

I had a nice case for my new 12 Pro Max before I even bought the phone. It’s graphite, but my previous 8 plus was silver. Both are/were in a black case. I like the “Wallet” style soft case with stand for watching TV or whatever. The phone is totally enclosed, so when I do get around to dropping it, it is totally protected.

I also don’t understand why people would cover up a $1000 phone with a $15 case sheer madness.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
I also don’t understand why people would cover up a $1000 phone with a $15 case sheer madness.

Because that $1000 phone WILL eventually get dropped/knocked out of your hand. I’d rather be able to pick mine up with no damage and walk away, than having to deal with replacing that $1000 piece of hardware, due to a shattered screen/back.

Wanna show it off? Get a clear case, otherwise... good luck.

As for regretting the Blue? Nope, still love it and would buy it again, although if they still had the green, I may have been tempted.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

That’s an unusual comment

The clear case is the one we go to when we find the color we want most of the time.

Color of objects is one of, if not the most important part of many goods we buy. The Model T came in only black at first just as most of the early cellphones but once a product category matures they start to give it personal touches usually starting with color

iPhone 4 had that hard to find White

iPhone 5 gave us that sweet Silver

iPhone 5s in gold. So nice

iPhone 6 with the Rose Gold

iPhone 7 with Jet Black

iPhone 8 was the popular Project Red

iPhone X didn’t matter because it was a new design

They dabbled thru the years with rainbow 5c colors and again with the iPhone 11 but gave the Pro models the best ever Midnight Green.

Now we have the new Pacific Blue which I can’t seem to get over the cheap photo look of it but sure to change my mind when I see it in person

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

The simple answer is we don’t want to put a case on it. Period. Our decision is not for you to understand, but if you must understand something, understand that some people will put a case on their iPhones and some will not. To each his or her own, right?

Because that $1000 phone WILL eventually get dropped/knocked out of your hand. I’d rather be able to pick mine up with no damage and walk away, than having to deal with replacing that $1000 piece of hardware, due to a shattered screen/back.

Even if it does gets dropped/knocked out of our hand, it’s “our” phone and not yours and if we’re not concerned about it then why should you be? Right?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I’ll just get another. Simple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It has nothing to do with money.

You are spot-on, and to add to this - those of us who opt to not encase our iPhones know the risks we take. I typically get AppleCare+ for my iPhone and I can tell you I’ve never had to use it on any iPhone I’ve ever owned until after I’ve passed it on to my kids who ended up cracking the screen or something while having it inside a rugged case.

Last edited:

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
The simple answer is we don’t want to put a case on it. Period. Our decision is not for you to understand, but if you must understand something, understand that some people will put a case on their iPhones and some will not. To each his or her own, right?

Even if it does gets dropped/knocked out of our hand, it’s “our” phone and not yours and if we’re not concerned about it then why should you be? Right?

Lmao, I could care less what happens to your phone. It’s your money. So like I said, good luck, hopefully you won’t but you are probably gonna need it.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
For me a case gives me a better grip and softer grip to hold my phone. Also the added protection is well worth it!!!

staceymj86

Feb 18, 2019
Visit site
I don’t regret my Pacific Blue 12 Pro Max one bit. I’m usually a light colored, Rose Gold color girl. I had the X in Space Gray and regretted that color, so I always used a case to change the color. This go round I chose a color I would normally not choose. The Pacific Blue is so beautiful in person. I using a thin pacific blue case (until my Peel clear case arrives) with the camera bump color showing through.

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Dec 13, 2020
Visit site
I initially bought gold Color in pro max and it looked really similar to my silver pro max 11, so I switched to blue color by paying 50$. I like blue Color but many cases don’t look good with it, now I think graphite Color would have been better.

Anyone here thinks graphite or any other colour would have been a better choice than PB for your self personally?

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I ordered the blue. Excited to get it. I know it’s not the blue my new iPad Air is but it still looks beautiful. I hope I have it by Wed. Hopefully will know tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trexgameaz