Any Way To Have Push With Gmail In Stock App?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Not supposed to be true. I have an iPhone 5 that I've had since it was released, and push with Gmail (configured via Exchange on the phone) has always worked. After the iOS 6.1.4 update recently, push stopped working.

Google no longer supports the Exchange sync method on iPhones with the stock mail app... they were supposed to 'grandfather' people using it until they changed devices... but in some instances, they seem to be simply up and not support exchange sync at their will... delete the Google account on your phone, and set it up again with the available defaults... and see these two links to set up contacts & calendar syncing with google

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2753077?hl=en
https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/151674?hl=en

mtbykr

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
I noticed recently that my gmail accounts set up with activesync weren't working well. I assumed this would happen eventually so I deleted the 2 accounts and set them up via the native mail app instructions. After I did so all of my contacts not related to facebook were gone. I've never used google's contacts....I entered most of them myself on my Iphone. So as not to lose them all, i reset the phone and restored it using ICloud backup. Is there something I am doing wrong, and is there a way to delete the gmail accounts without losing all the contacts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I noticed recently that my gmail accounts set up with activesync weren't working well. I assumed this would happen eventually so I deleted the 2 accounts and set them up via the native mail app instructions. After I did so all of my contacts not related to facebook were gone. I've never used google's contacts....I entered most of them myself on my Iphone. So as not to lose them all, i reset the phone and restored it using ICloud backup. Is there something I am doing wrong, and is there a way to delete the gmail accounts without losing all the contacts?

Sync your Google contacts via CardDav. Skip to the CardDav Section of the instructions at the link below:

How to setup Google Gmail on your iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad | iMore.com

hshshshs

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Reviving the dead thread - there might be an alternative for jailbreakers: Just saw a new tweak called "Push for Gmail" that claims to solve this. No idea if it's the real deal, though...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dennis Anderson Julien