Annoying Problem With Messenger

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I want to sign into this messenger programme. I enter my name and password then I am brought to this weird looking screen.

Where do I access this code from?

f684b9eb8411da54acdf7780b1e77f25.jpg

Below is the programme I am using.

6136d40c46663f9cd846d6945e80fce5.jpg

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It is asking for your Facebook second factor time-based one-time password.

It will be available inside the app where you scanned the QR code that Facebook presented. Those could be, and absolutely not limited to, 1Password, Google Authenticator, Facebook.app, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass.

I know the Facebook app has a way to generate that 6 digit password, but I don't have the app installed - so I can not help you more :(

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Don’t know anything about a qr code. Facebook to me is difficult to use. But their messenger programme works to contact some companies that way.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Google Authenticator is difficult as well. I choose get started on this Google authenticator application I see this below.

I enter a code manually. One that I can remember. Keep getting a this code is invalid.

I enter my User Name as well.

248a97e302282bad4d61ee2702f28a81.jpg

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
It is asking for your Facebook second factor time-based one-time password.

It will be available inside the app where you scanned the QR code that Facebook presented. Those could be, and absolutely not limited to, 1Password, Google Authenticator, Facebook.app, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass.

I know the Facebook app has a way to generate that 6 digit password, but I don't have the app installed - so I can not help you more :(

Let's add the built-in iOS 2FA authenticator to that (if the OP is running iOS 15). It works with most 3rd party apps that offer 2FA/MFA. I can't confirm if it works on FB Messenger, as I dislike how much info it scrapes from a device.

I tried to find the link in iMore, but couldn't. So here's one from another site.

How to use iOS 15 2FA code generator and autofill - 9to5Mac

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Let's add the built-in iOS 2FA authenticator to that (if the OP is running iOS 15). It works with most 3rd party apps that offer 2FA/MFA. I can't confirm if it works on FB Messenger, as I dislike how much info it scrapes from a device.

I tried to find the link in iMore, but couldn't. So here's one from another site.

Can you let me know which iMore link is not working? That may need to be fixed!

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Did not know there even is a built in application like this.

What is the name of this. I am using IPad.

Never mind I found this and we to up.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I don’t. I find the application easy to use.

Does the built in 2 factor authentication automatically receive a code when setting up something like third party requirements?

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I don’t. I find the application easy to use.

Does the built in 2 factor authentication automatically receive a code when setting up something like third party requirements?

Not sure what you're asking here. When setting up a 3rd party app, you scan the QR code offered in that account then finish as prompted — which typically includes a test authorization. After accounts are set up, the built-in 2FA generates the required security codes. If you visit a site/authorize an app on the iOS 15 device, the code is auto-filled. If you access a site through a PC, for example, you'd have to enter the code manually.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SarahWilkerson