Accessing the camera in iOS 7

How do you usually access the camera in iOS 7?

• Lock Screen

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Control Center

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Home Screen

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Even though, I can access the camera app via the lock screen and via the control center, I still find myself tapping on the camera app on my home screen whenever I opt to take a picture. This led me to wonder am I alone in doing so. Having said that, how many of you actually access the camera via either the lock screen or the control center in lieu of tapping on the app itself on your home screen? Post your comments in this thread AND vote in the above poll, please. Thank you.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I do the same thing. Maybe it's just habit. I type my passcode and by the time I get to tapping the camera app I'm like "dang, I could've just got to the camera from the lock screen, oh well". I tell myself I'll do it next time but I never do lol

WhiteRa

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Maybe the opening the app method just a bit more. Hard to say since I haven't taken too many pictures with the phone yet (50 photos in total and some of them are saved images from the web)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do the same thing. Maybe it's just habit. I type my passcode and by the time I get to tapping the camera app I'm like "dang, I could've just got to the camera from the lock screen, oh well". I tell myself I'll do it next time but I never do lol

Maybe the opening the app method just a bit more. Hard to say since I haven't taken too many pictures with the phone yet (50 photos in total and some of them are saved images from the web)

Don't forget to vote in the poll above...:)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Lock for the iOS camera, BUT most of my photos are taken with the Camera+ app, which I can only reach via the Home screen for now (an iOS 7 jailbreak could change that).

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If I'm pulling out my phone to take a picture (80% of the time) then I use the lock screen. If my phone is open and in use then I use Control Center. I don't even have the camera app on my home screen. It's in a folder with the rest of the cameras that I use on occasion (Hipstamatic, Camera+, etc...).

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I mainly access the camera from the home screen but if a nice car is going to drive by I just swipe up on the lock screen.

I'm using tapatalk and can't see the poll.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

Alik Malix

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
As soon as lock-screen-swipe-up was available - I took advantage of it. Found that extra early second the one that makes a huge difference. Now that I got 5S, I put camera app into the "Extras" folder with the News Stand, forcing me to get used to the Control Center, leaving space for another frequent app on first page... So if you want to get used to using CC - hide the Camera App...

anon(4767237)

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Never from control center. Mostly from homescreen but i think it's just a habit. Also most users prefer to use camera+ to take photos and not the build-in app.

Sent from my iPhone 4s, iOS 7.0.3

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Lockscreen if I am not already in my phone using it. Camera app in my app tray if I am already past the lock screen. I never, ever use control center for this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy