A thinner iPhone 6

theromz

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
So a lot of the rumours are point to the iPhone 6 being thinner then the 5/5s and too me it seems pretty silly. I think the 5/5s is the perfect thickness, it is thinner then all the other important flagship devices and most of the market seems to be stabilising at 7-9mm thickness for a phone. Also I don't see much added benefit from it going thinner but we could potential gain battery life if it stayed the same thickness as today, have more z-index for the camera and so on.

The only real reason I can see it getting thinner is so they can have a slide that say how the new iPhone is x% thinner and ahead of the rest of the market, which seem a bit meh too me. Unless they have some real amazing reasons for it, which so far I don't see.

What do you guys think about it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Take the rumors with a truckload of salt... rumors are floated mostly to make people click a link to a blog... I'm waiting for the actual specs once a device is launched at an Apple event before I get excited - or not... :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have seen the pictures, and it looks like its going to be thinner, but for all you'd know it may be a prototype...I have seen more pictures and the back case seems to reaffirm the thinner phone rumor. I'm not a fan of the thinner phone myself, but I thought the look of it made me wonder how sleek it would actually be, because it looks pretty darn sleek, the kind that invokes memories of the M8.

If the pictures are any indication, this phone is going to sell gangbusters because of the beautiful aluminium back...It's literally a license to make tons of money.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Please for the love of god I hope Apple don't do a thinner iPhone 6 but include a bigger battery in the larger shell instead.

Personally, I feel the thickness of the iPhone is just about perfect once a case is added.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like others, I've seen the mockups. Personally, I think thickness/thinness of the currently flagship iPhone is sufficient. Seriously, do people really want something as thin as a sheet of paper? When will it become too thin?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Like others, I've seen the mockups. Personally, I think thickness/thinness of the currently flagship iPhone is sufficient. Seriously, do people really want something as thin as a sheet of paper? When will it become too thin?
Can't speak for everyone, but know I don't. Still think the size of my 5s is perfect.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Please for the love of god I hope Apple don't do a thinner iPhone 6 but include a bigger battery in the larger shell instead.

Personally, I feel the thickness of the iPhone is just about perfect once a case is added.

Agree. Make a phone that can last all day with heavy use and not have to charge multiple times. This race to paper thin is good for tablets, but I would take a phone that's 1-2mm thicker and included a much larger battery

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Agree. Make a phone that can last all day with heavy use and not have to charge multiple times. This race to paper thin is good for tablets, but I would take a phone that's 1-2mm thicker and included a much larger battery

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I don't want it too thin that it's sharp enough to give me a paper cut. ;)

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I love the thickness of the 5/5S, and even the 4/4s and 5c. I think there does come a point where a phone can be too thin, and I hope Apple strays away from that fad. Like everyone else says, thickness+bigger/better battery=fine by me

mike5

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I want it to feel good in my hand as the 4s, 5 and 5s all have to me. If they can make it thinner, yet it still feels right while improving the specs--go for it. If they can't, I am fine w/current thickness.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It makes no sense to go thinner. Why would Apple want to do that? There's no demand. How would it affect the battery? Better battery life, larger screen, control over animations, and new and better features and options are what I want.

Sent from from my iPhone 5

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't see thinner,how many times have you got in your vehicle with your phone in your arse pocket ?
will not a very thin phone just fold up & die ?
as an aside, I find round edged devices much harder to hold than
square.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There's a new rumour saying that the next iPhone might be only 6 mm thin. For comparison the 5th gen iPod touch is 6.1 mm thin.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk