Archive vs delete in mail, issues with iTunes, etc
anybody else have this issue.
the archive button in mail looks to me almost exactly like a trash can. causing me to accidentally archive mail I wanted to delete.
makes me dislike Johnny Ive's flat design all the more.
am i the only one that misses the older style used by Scott Forstall?
I do like that apple is opening up the system more and adding features like third party keyboards that people thought would never happen, but but some of the new designed stuff is just confusing for me.
iTunes is another. I used to be able to click a button by the song for repeating it. now I have to find it in the menu. the button is gone or different or something and I can't find it. the tab bar on the side making it easy to find the app store and go to my iPhone, find playlists etc are gone too. I'm all for change when it makes things better. like going from typing a password to touch ID
change for its own sake, though tends to interrupt workflow.
I think Johnny must admire windows now look. (which I can't stand.)
am I alone? any way to relearn stuff I used to do easily under the new and "improved" set up?
like I used to be able to click some songs and drag them over to the tab and into a playlist. the tab is gone. its all just music now.
There's lots of cool stuff too that I'm excited about like texting via my mac and handoff, etc, so its now all bad news but any help adapting to the other stuff is appreciated.
I kinda feel like how windows users must have felt when Microsoft took the start button away when they thought they knew better and created changes the customers didn't ask for.
- 10-22-2014, 11:05 AM #2
- 10-22-2014, 12:21 PM #3
Re: Archive vs delete in mail, issues with iTunes, etc
I used this method to add TRASH and ARCHIVE as slide options. I don't use the little icons any longer
How to use trash and archive options at the same time in iOS 8 Mail
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
3. Tap on any of your accounts that you want to use trash and archive options with under the Accounts section — if you're using iCloud mail, scroll to the bottom instead and tap on Mail under Advanced and skip to step 5.
4. Tap on Account at the top.
5. Tap on Advanced at the bottom.
6. Under Mailbox Behaviors, make sure you have options set for Deleted and Archived boxes to where you want them.
7. Under the Move Discard Messages Into section, choose Archive.
8. Tap Account at the top to return to the previous menu.
9. Tap Done at the top of the next screen to save any changes.
10. Tap the back button in the upper left corner to return to the previous menu.
11. Tap on Swipe Options under the Mail section.
12. Set Swipe Right to Archive.
While this seems a little funny, it does work. You'll notice when you choose Archive, a small note will appear underneath that reads
[Accounts that include Archive as a default action for swiping left will offer Trash for swiping right.]
This means that since we've set up archive as the default option in step 7, choosing archive for swipe right will actually allow it to become a trash option instead. This means swiping right offers trash functionality now and swiping left offers archive options. Voila! You can now use both in one quick swipe in one direction or the other!
- 01-24-2015, 04:22 PM #4
If the internals were the same, would you have chosen the "Plus" model vs. the regular sized iPhone?By SeanHRCC in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 49Last Post: 12-05-2014, 04:02 PM
- By TheTSArt in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2014, 01:50 PM
- By James Parish1 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2014, 12:44 PM
- By Sinandgrin in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2014, 10:16 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-22-2014, 07:40 AM