Microsoft word?

mohawk apple

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there a program like Microsoft word allready installed on a MacBook Pro? Or something similar, I'm just trying to make a simple price list for my work nothing fancy just a simple layout.
Thanks

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
TextEdit comes built in and is a basic word processor. OpenOffice or NeoOffice are full office replacements for free.

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I personally prefer Pages to Word, but the world of business isn't on that level yet, and most don't accept anything outside of word docs (thankfully, many of my contacts take PDF's, which i can happily produce in Pages).

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my MacBook in '09, iWorks came pre-installed.

Really? I had to buy it... still have the disc, and it upgrades to the current version, so I remove it when I sell my old Mac and install it on the new one... but I don't recall it ever coming pre-installed on any of my Macs. iLife (iPhoto, iMovie, etc) do, but not iWork.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Really? I had to buy it... still have the disc, and it upgrades to the current version, so I remove it when I sell my old Mac and install it on the new one... but I don't recall it ever coming pre-installed on any of my Macs. iLife (iPhoto, iMovie, etc) do, but not iWork.

I stand corrected. Both you and Sean are correct. It came pre-installed with iLife and I ended up purchasing iWorks. Sorry for the confusion. This is not my day...;)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
When I bought my first Mac I bought iWorks (also still have the disks). I lasted about 2 weeks with it and then uninstalled it and got MS Office for Mac. Apple needs to stick to hardware, they don't quite have software down yet. Word is still heads above Pages, with tons more features, and much more intuitive.

That being said, if you're unwilling or unable to spend for either, OpenOffice is a brilliant alternative.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When I bought my first Mac I bought iWorks (also still have the disks). I lasted about 2 weeks with it and then uninstalled it and got MS Office for Mac. Apple needs to stick to hardware, they don't quite have software down yet. Word is still heads above Pages, with tons more features, and much more intuitive.

That being said, if you're unwilling or unable to spend for either, OpenOffice is a brilliant alternative.

I think the graphics enhancements on Pages are much more intuitive and seem to have a broader range of options for text based customizing...I use Word all the time, but just still feel like it's a no-nonsense business type software, it's missing the creative feel to it (and while i know that it is perfectly capable of creative projects, I guess it's just the overall approach to it, it feels very cold and stale working in Word, where as Pages feels like it's a part of Creative Suite to me.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2