Unjailbreak iOS 4.3.5?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to revert from a jailbreak. I tried connecting to iTunes to restore and it won't go through. Can I please get some help?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever use tiny umbrella for anything? If so you need to go in and make sure to uncheck the Set Hosts to Cydia option...

Other question: did you use the iPad baseband? If so a normal restore will never work.

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Did you ever use tiny umbrella for anything? If so you need to go in and make sure to uncheck the Set Hosts to Cydia option...

Other question: did you use the iPad baseband? If so a normal restore will never work.

No. Never used tiny umbrella. Baseband. I don't believe so. I did some reading but apparently not enough. After making the break last night... I guess I expected more. Just wanna revert. Possibly jailbreak again when there's an untethered break for 4.3.5

GALtab meatclaws-tapatalk

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Update iTunes
Plug in device and click restore
If this fails check your host file and delete anything in there that has gs.apple.com or of that sort

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What's the error you get with iTunes? And what method did you use to jb?
Generally speaking (very generally) there are two causes of a restore failing: either you set the hosts file to somewhere other than Apple (people often do this without realizing it, which is why I asked about Tiny Umbrella), or you have a baseband that doesn't correspond to the firmware you're asking iTunes to restore (either it's lower because it was preserved during the jb, or higher because the iPad baseband was chosen during the jb).

Essentially, we just need more info than "it won't go through." What actually happens?

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
ok... i finally got around to attempting the restore again. here's the error prompt that i get. any and all help is highly appreciated. thanks again;):D

sicario666

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to know why you want unjailbreak?

i thought there was more to jailbreaking. i thought cydia was alot more than it actually is. i was in the hopes that it was the app store with the same apps, just free. i dont really like the untethered jb as well. my ipad is primarily for my daughter. sometimes she turns it off on accident. Shes 2. When we're away from my laptop and it gets shut down...well, i need the laptop to re-activate it. other than that i would leave it. maybe I'll rebreak it later on

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2