ipad 2 - how to backup to get back after upgrade

morgun

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, I am quite new with jailbreak and apple crack world.

I have old nice ipad 2 with jailbreak. Still sticked with IOS 6 and now when there is IOS 9, it might be a time for upgrade.

I want to keep chance to go back to IOS 6 if IOS 9 was terribly wrong for me. Can you advise me, how to backup and after upgrade be able to restore?

Thanks gurus

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Once you update, that's it. You will not be able to downgrade back to iOS 6 - at least not to my knowledge.

morgun

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
D you are fast ;-)

Thanks for reply, can you advise me, how to do a "clean install of IOS 9"? I am afraid to get stucked, because of the installed jailbreak.

king_o_hill

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
Just download the IPSW file and put your pad in DFU mode and restore. This is the cleanest method. Then when prompted do a "Setup as New". That way you don't pull over any iOS 6 junk into your nice clean install.

YouTube has lots of videos on how to do this if you don't know how.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk! Because I damn well can!

Last edited:

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If you want to do a clean install, you will want to do a DFU restore.

First, backup your data. It can be through iCloud or iTunes. Next, you would download the correct version of iOS 9 for your device, again either through iTunes or from a trusted source.

Next, plug in your iPad. Hold the home button and power button for approximately ten seconds. Then let go of the power button, while still holding onto the home button. The screen should remain black, but iTunes will say you have a DFU device plugged in. Shift/Option restore to the firmware you previously downloaded. After all of the fun menu things, restore from your backup. That's it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77