(Jail)broken ipod 4 stuck in boot loop

robbe7730

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I have an Ipod 4th generation with ios 6.1.3, and it is jailbroken. Also, my power button stopped working when my screen was repaired. Now my ipod is stuck in boot loop (an apple logo comes on the screen, then nothing). Finally, I am sure the warranty has voided (I don't remember the exact year I bought it, but it was before 2009, and I dropped him multiple times, having to repair the screen) and I don't have any backups of the ipod.

Is it, in any way possible to get the devices data backed up on my pc, so I can factory reset him, but keep my data? I tried some programs, but none of them even recognized my ipod as being connected (I can get the ipod in recovery mode by holding the home button for long enough, but my pc does not recognize the ipod, and I already re-installed itunes, with no result. Could this be the problem?)

If you know a solution or something I can try, I would be very happy :)

Robbe

EDIT: I just managed to get itunes to find my ipod as in recovery mode, so do some of the programs. More hope :)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since the device has a broken power button and iTunes won't recognize it, you might as well make preparations to replace it with a newer model. I highly doubt you will be able to save the data that's possibly on it at this point, but that's just my personal opinion.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Have you heard of / tried drphone?
Do you remember if you setup ssh for your device?
Have you tried ifunbox now that your computer is recognizing your device being plugged in?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2