Forcing screen to stay on and in landscape orientation?

Ryan Hemingsen

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone, and thanks for looking at this post! Sorry if it's in the wrong location, though I'm new here...bear with me, please.

Anyway, I've got a quick question: I've got a jailbroken 3rd gen iPod touch, and I need to use it for a costume; I'm looking to turn it in to something like Snake Plissken's lifeclock from Escape From New York (see picture for reference). Considering I'm no programmer, and I don't know a whole lot about cribbing something like that together out of spare parts, I figured this would be the easiest approach. My question is this: Is there a way to force the iPod to stay on without any screen dimming, and in landscape mode? Keep in mind that I need it to stay on and in landscape mode while an app is running (the app in question would be a generic alarm clock).

Any help is MUCH appreciated. Thanks!

LifeClock.jpg

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
sbsettings
and then you can turn off rotation and auto lock
your phone will die in like 30 minutes though considering the age. the battery can't nearly be full capacity

Ryan Hemingsen

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Awesome, thanks! I figured that might be the case with the battery...I just want it to not auto lock, I'll be using the lock button quite a bit, I imagine. As for sbsettings, is it easily found, and can I set it to force landscape no matter the iPod's orientation?

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I think it's still pretty easy to find and still relevant on the iOS that your 3GS is on? all you need to to is enable the toggles for locking orientation and auto lock, then get your phone in the right setup, swipe right across status bar and flip the two toggles for auto lock and screen rotation? it will lock in whichever orientation it was set to.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you even need sbsettings for this one? You can turn off autolock in the default settings. It's been a while since I've worked with that iOS so I can't remember if you can disable the auto rotate without sbsettings there. If not, it's an easy download in cydia.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Probably turn off auto lock in default iOS settings? then do the double tap for app switcher and swipe to the left side and there is the rotation lock setting!
That's ios5 though? I think

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2