iPhone 3g power button non-functional. how can i updat my iOS/jailbreak?

ARAJMAHAD

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
so, as you may have guessed, from the title, my iPhone 3g has a problem with the power button (it doesn't work), and as i have discovered, you need to hold down the power button to do the upgrades, but without a functional power button, that's a problem. does anyone know if there is a way around that? is there any way to do it without the power button, or will i have to replace it first? any advice is appreciated. either way, thanks for reading.

ARAJMAHAD

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
tried that, but when i connect it to iTunes, it only re-flashes it, to be like new, but it's still iOS 4.2.1 and i want to get a newer iOS but in order to do that, apparently, i need to hold the power button and the home button to make it work. however, since i don't have a power button, i can't do it. any thoughts?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
tried that, but when i connect it to iTunes, it only re-flashes it, to be like new, but it's still iOS 4.2.1 and i want to get a newer iOS but in order to do that, apparently, i need to hold the power button and the home button to make it work. however, since i don't have a power button, i can't do it. any thoughts?

The iPhone 3G is not supported beyond the version you have. To get iOS 6.1.3, you will need an iPhone 3GS or later device.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2