Please help me not lose my JB on Iphone 5

dolomatt

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
On my sprint account swapped 2 phones around and now the Iphone has a different number. I tried resetting the network settings only but its not activating on the other number on my account. It still has the old phone number attached to the phone. The sprint rep said I would probably need to to a full reset so it can activate again.
]
Is there a way to force activation without a wipe? If not what is the process I should take when wiping the phone - Do a restore through Itunes, or manually wipe from the phone itself? I seem to remember when upgrading the early jailbreak that itunes didn't like when I tried to do a restore backup on a jailbroken phone and made me upgrade from 6.11 to 6.12.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
If you hit restore in iTunes you will lose your jailbreak and end up on 6.1.3 which cannot be jailbroken. If resetting the network settings doesn't work, try these steps from Sprint:

If this is not the first time activating your device, or hands free activation did not complete successfully, update the data profile.
If you are having trouble activating your Apple iPhone 5, contact Sprint Customer Care or a Sprint store for assistance.

• Update the data profile
    1. From the home screen, tap Phone.
    2. On the keypad, dial ##873283## and tap Call.
    3. Tap OK.
    4. Your device searches for profile updates and installs them.
    5. Tap OK.
    6. After it completes, your device returns to the keypad.
    7. Tap the Home key.
    8. You've now updated the data profile.

gifted_jow

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
You might have to doa full reset to activate.
On my sprint account swapped 2 phones around and now the Iphone has a different number. I tried resetting the network settings only but its not activating on the other number on my account. It still has the old phone number attached to the phone. The sprint rep said I would probably need to to a full reset so it can activate again.
]
Is there a way to force activation without a wipe? If not what is the process I should take when wiping the phone - Do a restore through Itunes, or manually wipe from the phone itself? I seem to remember when upgrading the early jailbreak that itunes didn't like when I tried to do a restore backup on a jailbroken phone and made me upgrade from 6.11 to 6.12.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2