Scheduling Possible?

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm just about to make the jump from the Android darkside to iPhone and have a question about profiles.

On Android there are a few very good apps that allow you to have different scheduled profiles and these automatically change at set times without any need to intervene by manually changing any settings.

I've been told that that this isn't possible on the iPhone due to IOS but I was wondering if anything like what I've described is available once a handset is jailbroken.

What I'm most interested in is for the phone to be able to switch from sound to silent and back again at set times (e.g. on silent at night). Also to automatically turn on, and off, mobile data at set times too.

Apologies if this has been asked many times but I wanted to get my first post on here :eek:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The sound to silent and back again can be done via the Do Not Disturb feature with no jailbreak needed. The turning mobile data on & off can't be scheduled...

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
So nothing available to auto switch mobile data on/off even if I jailbreak?
Don't know about current jailbreak... I know it's not an option stock... and when I did jailbreak, I didn't see a need to turn off mobile data, so I never bothered to look... with jailbreak, there is the ability to use tweaks available by a jailbreak app called SBSSettings that makes a quick toggle for turning mobile data on and off rather than drilling to it in the stock settings.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
We did have a thread about profile apps available in cydia but I don't know if any of them are iOS 6 compatible aside from battery doctor pro. It does come with a profile manager that will toggle things on and off, including sounds, cellular datum wifi, etc at set times or through notification center. It also comes with toggles like sbsettings and it is free.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

xybadog

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
According to a page on cydianews.net the latest version of SBProfiles is compatible with IOS 6 which is good news as it's exactly what I need.

Can't wait to get my iPhone 5 next week. I hope it'll come with IOS 6.1.2 or earlier otherwise I won't be able to JB it, after all.

fb2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm just about to make the jump from the Android darkside to iPhone and have a question about profiles.

On Android there are a few very good apps that allow you to have different scheduled profiles and these automatically change at set times without any need to intervene by manually changing any settings.

I've been told that that this isn't possible on the iPhone due to IOS but I was wondering if anything like what I've described is available once a handset is jailbroken.

What I'm most interested in is for the phone to be able to switch from sound to silent and back again at set times (e.g. on silent at night). Also to automatically turn on, and off, mobile data at set times too.

Apologies if this has been asked many times but I wanted to get my first post on here :eek:

Yeahhhh, that's possible!!! I use it since iOS4 with SBProfiles.

The best Profile App is SBProfiles from Cydia from the BigBoss Repo

It's a free app which lets you create Profiles with SBSettings toggles. You can activate them manually or trigger them. Available triggers are time, location, Wi-Fi (certain or all), while charging etc. You can also create complex triggers, like Mo-Fr only between 8-12 o'clock while charging only at home

That's a screenshot of the appearing SBProfiles menu (which you can set with Activator).
I have seven Profiles: Home, On the way, University, Morning, Night, Low Battery and a daily Respring

I donated some money because SBProfiles is one of my main reasons why I jailbreak my iDevices
Feel free to ask questions

SBProfiles.PNG

PS: It can also import previous SBSchedule profiles if you still have them

PPS: You can also create great workflows and routines. I set a really cool profile called "Nike Fuelband". It starts the Nike Fuelband app at 22pm and activates Bluetooth, so I can directly sync my data from my Fuelband with my device every evening via bluetooth. Maybe some of you don't know what it is. The Nike+ FuelBand is an activity tracker that is worn on the wrist. It allows the wearer to track his physical activity, steps taken daily, and amount of calories burned. The information from the wristband is integrated into the Nike+ online community and phone application, allowing the wearer to set his own fitness goals, monitor his progression, and compare himself to others part of the community.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
RingerX Vip had a lot of the same features as far as voice calls. I haven't tried the iOS7 version tho. I think they call it Ringer and Sounds or something similar.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2