Apps Not Staying Backgrounded...

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Well Saurik is nothing if not quick with a fix. If this is solely causing the issue I'd expect the fix out before tomorrow night.
And yeah for now just disable winterboard.
Maybe try out some dreamboard themes.

holdenrf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been using winterboard almost as soon as the JB came out, this issue started when winterboard was updated a few days ago, on the brightside the issue has been identified and since it was caused by an update it can just as well be fixed, we just need to let the issue be known.

Just an FYI. I installed and tried all 3 versions of WB from 2013 that I posted a link to above and still had the same issue. Maybe you could try them as we'll and report back?

Thanks

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
i was not having any issues at all, then yesterday, or the day before i updated winterboard, and ifile, and something else... and lately i was ending up in safe mode alot. this morning i could not get out of safemode, so i disabled winterboard and lo and behold all my problems disappeared...

im gonna go on record here and suppport the idea that winterboard has suffered a bad update!!!
im sure saurik will fix it though

holdenrf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately the 2 themes i like or are attached to are winterboard themes (ZUi and EPHD). lets hope winterboard gets a fix. I appreciate everyone's responses! I was about to go home and update to 6.1.2 and try jailbreaking fresh. But will hold off for now.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
unfortunately the 2 themes i like or are attached to are winterboard themes (ZUi and EPHD). lets hope winterboard gets a fix. I appreciate everyone's responses! I was about to go home and update to 6.1.2 and try jailbreaking fresh. But will hold off for now.

well you should still update and rejailbreak, probably always best to be on the latest firmware. just hold off on winterboard

holdenrf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
well you should still update and rejailbreak, probably always best to be on the latest firmware. just hold off on winterboard

I have never already been jail broken and re jailbroke. What is the preferred method? Just backup to iTunes and then update which wipes the JB and then re JB? Does pkg backup work yet? Thanks.

AceFreaky

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I am also having this issue, I sent an email to Saurik, so we will see...

@holdenrf, Pkgbackup does work very well...

Last edited:

holdenrf

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to provide an update. I updated my phone to 6.1.2 and re-jailbroke it. Winterboard is still the issue with the music apps and such not staying backgrounded.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Proof:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362193547.900037.jpg

Enjoy your less buggy theming.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad Mini GSM ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77