Help!!! Ipod touch wont turn on!

KyleBehrens1985

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I attempted to use RedSn0w to jailbreak my Ipod touch 2gen 4.2.1, the power button does not work so I was directed to create an IPSW file that would put the ipod into DFU mode, i got this part completed and RedSn0w started doing its thing and my computer froze up so the jailbreak got interupted during the "waiting for reboot" stage. Now my iPod wont turn on, OR connect to itunes. I have been told to hold the power and home button but my power button does not work. I have tried connecting to a different USB port, to a different computer, to the USB power cord. NOTHING IS WORKING!! PLEASE HELP!!

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Try the suggestion above. If that doesn't work, you'd have to either get the power button fixed or let the battery die.

KyleBehrens1985

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
The screen is completely black. From my experience, when the phone is in recovery mode there is usually a USB-iTunes screen, correct me if im wrong? Itunes doesnt recognize that the iPod is connected, I cannot get the screen to turn on, and usually when you hook up a device to my computer via USB I get an audio notification, but now, nothing. PLEASE tell me someone knows how to fix this. I bought the iPod for my 5 year old son, and was hoping that jailbreaking would allow me to customize it a little more for him, but he will be bummed if I have ruined it!!!!

The jailbreak via redsn0w was interupted during the screen where youre asked to select your options, install cydia, etc. could this have just completely wiped out the firmware of the iPod and rendered it useless????

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The screen is completely black. From my experience, when the phone is in recovery mode there is usually a USB-iTunes screen, correct me if im wrong? Itunes doesnt recognize that the iPod is connected, I cannot get the screen to turn on, and usually when you hook up a device to my computer via USB I get an audio notification, but now, nothing. PLEASE tell me someone knows how to fix this. I bought the iPod for my 5 year old son, and was hoping that jailbreaking would allow me to customize it a little more for him, but he will be bummed if I have ruined it!!!!

The jailbreak via redsn0w was interupted during the screen where youre asked to select your options, install cydia, etc. could this have just completely wiped out the firmware of the iPod and rendered it useless????

No need for such doom and gloom. A simple repair of the power button is the easiest way to restore functionality.
Apart from that is this the first device to enter DFU mode on your particular computer? I'm asking because on Windows sometimes the drivers don't install correctly and the phone stays in DFU, but the computer doesn't recognize it. A good solution is to try another PC. The best solution is to try a Mac.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Your experience is purely with the commercialized recovery mode.

DFU, which you used that special IPSW to get into acts a little different. From my experience, you can use the suggestions they posted to get a device out of DFU.

clouds93

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I also got this problem! how long does it take for the battery to go flat? After the battery dies (went flat) what should i do?? BTW i am using macbook pro.

Last edited:

KyleBehrens1985

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It is the first device I have put in DFU mode using this computer, yes. I honestly consider myself to be a rookie with the iOS system entirely but felt that with a little googling I could accomplish the jailbreak. I disconnected the iPod from the USB chord to allow the battery to die, which I am still unsure how it will die if the device is not on. I ordered a replacement power button ribbon which hopefully will arrive soon so I can attempt to use the (home button + power button) technique. Just feeling a little uncertain about what I have done. I am hoping the ribbon replacement will work but what makes it very unfortunate is if the iPod doesnt turn on I will have no way of knowing if I made a mistake installing the ribbon, or that the iPod is just garbage now. Again, any input is GREATLY appreciated guys. This repair has my stress level at the max.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
wish i could help, all i gots is a good luck
user named pelligro has alot of experience taking devices apart, maybe message him

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2