TinyUmbrella

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to use the above and ive installed java to make it work. But I can't seem to get it to do anything.

When you plug your iDevice in, is TinyUmbrella meant to detect you device. When I plug my phone or iPad in. Nothing. Tried going into DFU mode and nothing.

Peps, what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
You need to have your iPhone plugged in then run TU as admin.

I'm using a windows pc. How do I run in admin. May sound stupid? Never had this problem with Redsnow or anything like that. When you say admin, do you mean the main user of the pc, coz that is what I'm doing.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Depends if you're Win7 or what. Basically run it as if you were installing a program (the same rights are needed). I had the same issue the first time I ran TU. I had to install MS Net Framework 4 Extended and/or the latest MS C++ to get it going. I don't recall which, sorry. Also make sure nothing is blocking or using port 80.

Reactions: 1982ollie

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can we get a screenshot of TU running with your phone plugged in? Specifically, what does the left-hand column look like?

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Depends if you're Win7 or what. Basically run it as if you were installing a program (the same rights are needed). I had the same issue the first time I ran TU. I had to install MS Net Framework 4 Extended and/or the latest MS C++ to get it going. I don't recall which, sorry. Also make sure nothing is blocking or using port 80.

Peps, how do I unlock port 80?

Just restored my pc to factory defaults and TU still doesn't work. Tried all three USB ports.

Cheers

Last edited:

1982ollie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Peps, how do I unlock port 80?

Just restored my pc to factory defaults and TU still doesn't work. Tried all three USB ports.

Cheers

Peps/Shurlock,

Can't get Tinyumbrella to work still:(. It wont detect any iDevices when plugged in. How do i check port 80. Do i need to do that via Device Manager. I know how to navigate device manager. Do I just check all the ports and if something is on 80 that isn't important to me, just remove it?

I'm beggining to think my laptop is just pants. Redsn0w still doesn't work for me (Wrote another thread on this) and still TU. Both still not working after a full factory restore.

I'm going to buy a mac next year. Its decided!! :D:D

Thanks

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77