Jailbroken iPhone 3gs will not turn on

jerzeygirl423

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
This morning I went to use my iPhone 3gs after it had been charging all night, and showed 100% battery life. While I was poking around the phone froze and I was unable to do anything on it. I held down the home and sleep buttons at the same time for about 30 seconds and the phone rebooted. Since then, it has stayed on the "apple" logo screen, all day. I have tried to reboot it the same way as before several times, and it turns off, and reboots as if it is trying to start, but nothing happens. My phone is jailbroken using greenpoison about 6 months ago, and I have never had any problems with it. Once the apple screen comes up, it changes to the "apple skull" usually shown with jailbroken phones. My battery is now dead and even after plugging into the wall unit, it still does the same thing as before and will not turn on.

My original plan was to plug it into the computer and see if I could simply restore it, but when I plug it into itunes it won't recognize that any devices are plugged in. I plugged in my ipod, and ipad, and itunes recognized them immediately, and I heard the classic sound indicating a USB device was plugged in on my computer. When I try to plug my iPhone in it does nothing. The battery however was dead, and when i plugged it into the computer it showed the power sign, as if it was charging from being dead. The only thing I can think of is that since technically the iphone isnt ON, itunes wont pick it up.

I know this is a LOT of information, but hopefully some people kept up with me :)

ANY help is so greatly appreciated, I feel naked without my phone :(

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi, jerzeygirl. I posted this yesterday in relation to another jailbreak problem that someone was having and I think it will help in your situation as well. If you follow the instruction that I posted in the link you should be able to kick your iPhone out of the mode that it is currently in.

Link: http://forums.tipb.com/1741075-post2.html

Max Modine

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
The YouTube link is 'private'. Can you please help me?

Hi, jerzeygirl. I posted this yesterday in relation to another jailbreak problem that someone was having and I think it will help in your situation as well. If you follow the instruction that I posted in the link you should be able to kick your iPhone out of the mode that it is currently in.

Link: http://forums.tipb.com/1741075-post2.html

I really need to save my phone and this link goes to a YouTube clip that is 'private'.
Can you please help me?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2