does this work?

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
hey so i gave my dad my old Iphone3g and he doesnt have the data plan cause hes cheap lol
i found the app mywi and i read what it does and i was wondering, will the app allow my dad to have wifi wherever he goes? Like the app doesnt have to be open right? he can use it to just check his mail go on safari etc ?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
mywi is to make the phone into a wifi hotspot, not to connect to wifi. Even without a data plan you can connect to wifi anywhere there is signal (and you know password if protected) using the standard wifi toggle in the general settings. Since your dad has no data plan, mywi is completely useless to him...

Reactions: jairo1daywrk4apple

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
mywi is to make the phone into a wifi hotspot, not to connect to wifi. Even without a data plan you can connect to wifi anywhere there is signal (and you know password if protected) using the standard wifi toggle in the general settings. Since your dad has no data plan, mywi is completely useless to him...

alright thanks farbod i was hoping youd reply lol
is there any app that my dad can get that would give him internet access anywhere?

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
alright thanks farbod i was hoping youd reply lol
is there any app that my dad can get that would give him internet access anywhere?

No prob, I am here to help...

No, there are only two types of signals, cellular data and wifi available to the iphone. Cellular data must be subscribed and wifi must be via a local broadcasting signal...

Reactions: jairo1daywrk4apple

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Is he using it as a phone? If so, AT&T (if you're in the US) will probably force a data plan on him anyway.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
No prob, I am here to help...

No, there are only two types of signals, cellular data and wifi available to the iphone. Cellular data must be subscribed and wifi must be via a local broadcasting signal...

ah what a shame, alright thanks farbod!
i just got "mywi 4.0" for my Iphone 4, fantastic app i'm already using it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2