any idea when we can unlock 3.1.3

beatles062

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm just sitting here not being able to use my 3.1.3 -- 5.12.01 iphone .... using a old razer phone :mad: ... any idea when we can unlock 3.1.3 ?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
3.1.3 will never be unlocked. Even though hackers have discovered exploit to unlock, and even though they CAN unlock now, they have all gone on record to state that they WONT be releasing unlock. Or standalone (out of the box) jailbreaks for 3.1.3.

They are all waiting for 3.2 to be released, which is when they will unleash those tools.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
They don't need to release a date, musclenerd (of the Dev-Team) has stated via Twitter that there will be no unlock for 3.1.3.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
You can jailbreak, but not unlock.

By using either sn0wbreeze for Windows or PwnageTool for Mac, you can accomplish the as long as you really have the old bootrom.

Go to ih8sn0w.com and use their f0recast program. It will tell you definately what can be done and how.

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
3.2 should be released soon since ipad is supposed to be out today.... if that happens then it'll only be a few weeks before they release a jailbreak for it....hopefully.

There is a youtube of a 3.1.3 untethered browser jailbreak called spirit but the guy doing it wants to try it on an ipad before he releases it, or at least thats what his youtube is saying.

mysterio

May 7, 2009
Visit site
3.2 should be released soon since ipad is supposed to be out today.... if that happens then it'll only be a few weeks before they release a jailbreak for it....hopefully.

There is a youtube of a 3.1.3 untethered browser jailbreak called spirit but the guy doing it wants to try it on an ipad before he releases it, or at least thats what his youtube is saying.

Actually, the guy is asking for donations so he can buy an iPad to test it with.

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
I wish people would STOP asking if 3.1.3 can be unlocked. I'm getting sick and tired of it. We're all aware of the new 3.2 coming out sometime soon, just wait and be patient!

sp33d_Dialz

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
I wish people would STOP asking if 3.1.3 can be unlocked. I'm getting sick and tired of it. We're all aware of the new 3.2 coming out sometime soon, just wait and be patient!

You yourself have a jailbroken iPhone, so I'm guessing that means none of the anxiety and impatience that we feel. I do agree that this has een beaten to death on other forums and probaby this one, but for people like me who have had an iPhone only a matter of months and are immediately told "no jailbreaking not nobody not no how!" we understandably want some kind of feedback from people like you...the experts.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You yourself have a jailbroken iPhone, so I'm guessing that means none of the anxiety and impatience that we feel. I do agree that this has een beaten to death on other forums and probaby this one, but for people like me who have had an iPhone only a matter of months and are immediately told "no jailbreaking not nobody not no how!" we understandably want some kind of feedback from people like you...the experts.

There will be NO jailbreaking of a clean 3.1.3 . Period. The jailbreak developers did not want to show Apple yet another exploit that they could fix on such a tiny firmware release.

3.2 is ( may be ) coming to the iPhone ( for sure to the iPad ), and then we'll see what happens. If 3.2 has yet a new baseband, it could be even longer before they find an unlock for it.

GeoHot has already shown he has a jailbreak for the new bootrom devices that will leave it untethered, and assuming Apple cannot find the exploit he's used and fix it, there will be a jailbreak available for the next major firmware release, but not before then.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2