CANT GET bLACKRA1N TO APPEAR ON IPHONE

wilso31

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
HI
I HAVE A 3G IPHONE and all specifications are correct with what is required to jailbreak the phone. the phone is unlocked and im on orange.

when i run Blackra1n from my pc i get to the screen that says complete if this was the easiest etc and the iphone reeboots.

my problem is the blackrain icon does not apear on my iphone .

my iphone is already unlocked to networks what do i need to do please.

oh on my springboard next to App store there is a blank square but i have installed some apps that go onto page two leaving the square blank?

itunes also states phone is in recovery modeyou must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes and blackra1n wait for reeboot stays on desktop

Last edited:

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
HI
I HAVE A 3G IPHONE and all specifications are correct with what is required to jailbreak the phone. the phone is unlocked and im on orange.

when i run Blackra1n from my pc i get to the screen that says complete if this was the easiest etc and the iphone reeboots.

my problem is the blackrain icon does not apear on my iphone .

my iphone is already unlocked to networks what do i need to do please.

oh on my springboard next to App store there is a blank square but i have installed some apps that go onto page two leaving the square blank?

itunes also states phone is in recovery modeyou must restore this iphone before it can be used with itunes and blackra1n wait for reeboot stays on desktop

What firmware do you have? 3.1.2 or 3.1.3? The latter cannot (yet) be jailbroken.

Also, when you jailbreak, make sure to shut down iTunes.

wilso31

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
i have 3.1.2 firmware on my phone i have tried several times . my iphone is also currently unlocked so it allows me to use orange sim which is in.

I have run blackra1n with itunes off and the box that says done wait for reeboot is greyed out but still on my desktop. im running win7 and have tried with xp compat mode also.

I have thought of re setting my iphone but dont fancy having it locked to o2

please help as i dont fancy doing this should i try it with an 02 sim in the phone?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
are you running windows or mac? I would say download the blackra1n executable again. When you are ready to do it put the phone into airplane mode and make sure iTunes is not running before you run blackra1n.

wilso31

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
it was unlocked by the person who sold it me when i bought it im on orange and no still same guys. ive even turned off my firewall getting desperate now can i unlock my phone again if i do a restore from itunes and how?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER US, DAMMIT!

What OS are you on?!? And also, you're not 'officially' unlocked if the guy who sold it to you is the one who unlocked it.

The cell company is the only one who can officially unlock it.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
He's on o2 - they are officially unlocking them almost everywhere except North America. :(

Yes, but I thought they were unlocking phones that had been purchased for X amount of time? That's why I was asking. You have to call the carrier and within a week or so they send you a text with instructions or something along those lines.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
YOU REFUSE TO ANSWER US, DAMMIT!

What OS are you on?!? And also, you're not 'officially' unlocked if the guy who sold it to you is the one who unlocked it.

The cell company is the only one who can officially unlock it.

i have 3.1.2 firmware on my phone i have tried several times . my iphone is also currently unlocked so it allows me to use orange sim which is in.

I have run blackra1n with itunes off and the box that says done wait for reeboot is greyed out but still on my desktop. im running win7 and have tried with xp compat mode also.

I have thought of re setting my iphone but dont fancy having it locked to o2

please help as i dont fancy doing this should i try it with an 02 sim in the phone?

He said he's on Win7, just hard to see with no caps or general punctuation lol.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Well, that negates any troublehooting I was going to offer.

If he's still on Windows, still on 3.1.2, then there's no real reason why blackra1n shouldn't be working.

Would it be too selfish to ask for more details?

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
Do you have Cydia on your iPhone? If so then it was probably unlocked and jailbroken with something other than Blackra1n.

wilso31

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
sorry guys been away a few days ive had another attempt at this and still no joy. it has been ulocked by someone yes, and i had a note with the phone advising me that i should not update the phone to 3.1.3 because this will lok the phone again.

Tere is a chance it is jailbroken but there is no cydian on the phone . is there a way i can manually install this please?

or do i have to reset the phone . if so how do i unlock it again

thanks for your help so far

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2