Need a little help, rusty Jailbreaking memory

Carlm

Oct 13, 2009
www.howtojailbreak.info
Ok, it's been a while and I need someone to outline (probably) the easiest steps to unlocking. I used ultrasn0w before on my Windows computer but I'm now using a Mac and it's a bit different.

I'm wondering if someone could help me upgrade my 3.0.1 iPhone 3GS 16GB to the latest firmware version. I want the phone jailbroken and unlocked please :)

Thanks in advance!

Stryker

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
If you are currently jailbroken and unlocked all you need to do is the following:

• Download the new version of PwnageTool
  • Create a new custom firmware
  • Restore to the new custom firmware using iTunes
  • Download ultrasn0w from Cydia
  • Use ultrasn0w

Done!

Carlm

Oct 13, 2009
www.howtojailbreak.info
The Pwnage Tool has asked me for a firmware file, it searched for 3.1, should I use that? or search for the ispw file that is same as my current firmware version (3.0.1) ?

Thanks

Stryker

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Oh my bad I guessed I forgot to mention a key part.

Download the latest firmware (3.1.2 for 3GS in your case) from Apple's official server: (it won't let me post links till I have 10 posts).

appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite.net/content.info.apple.com/iPhone/061-7270.20091008.phn32/iPhone2,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore.ipsw

Or Google iPhone firmware and there should be a site called iclarified with links to all the firmware on Apple's servers.

Use that one when creating the custom firmware via PwnageTool.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The Pwnage Tool has asked me for a firmware file, it searched for 3.1, should I use that? or search for the ispw file that is same as my current firmware version (3.0.1) ?

Thanks

pwnage tool needs the firmware you are updating to. So if you're going to 3.0.1 then you need to browse to that firmware ispw/ipsw file. If you're going to 3.1.2 then you need to browse to that firmware file.

Carlm

Oct 13, 2009
www.howtojailbreak.info
I bought a Pay as you go O2 sim card in the UK that was activated once, does that count as a contract like what the Pwnage tool asks me before it makes the custom ispw file?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77