some info needed about SSH

sweetlittle

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
hi there
i just wanted to know 2 things about when we SSH into our iphone,

1) why does it require a wi-fi connection to connect when there is already a usb cable connected...

2) when we transfer or copy our videos or photos in SSH mode, is there any information sent over the internet??....i mean when i copy a video from my iphone to a computer or the other way round using SSH, is it possible for anyone else to watch those videos because SSH works with Wi-fi..!!!

thanks

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
hi there
i just wanted to know 2 things about when we SSH into our iphone,

1) why does it require a wi-fi connection to connect when there is already a usb cable connected...

Cause it's a little easier to do it via wifi, but there is a method to ssh via cable.

STEP 1 - Open iPhone Tunnel Suite and click "iPhone Tunnel". You should see a black cmd window pop up. That's good as that's suppose to happen, just minimize it (DON'T EXIT IT)

step1dk7.jpg
step15rz8.jpg

STEP 2 - Open WinSCP

step2di4.jpg

STEP 3 - Enter 127.0.0.1 as the host name, root as the username, and the password is alpine

step25ii0.jpg

STEP 4 - Hit "Login". You will probably get a message saying that the registy key is blahblahblah, just hit Yes. Also, the first time you SSH into your phone, just let it keep going until it logs in. You may get a pop up that says it took longer than X amount of time and it still hasn't logged in.....JUST WAIT FOR IT TO LOAD UP. After the first time, it only takes 2 or 3 seconds. End result should look like picture below.
2) when we transfer or copy our videos or photos in SSH mode, is there any information sent over the internet??....i mean when i copy a video from my iphone to a computer or the other way round using SSH, is it possible for anyone else to watch those videos because SSH works with Wi-fi..!!!

thanks

No, the ssh connection you make is over your network and behind your firewall. The IP addresses sending to and from are given to your devices by the router and do not correlate with your internet IP address. It is possible (although unlikely) that if you do not turn ssh off, or change the password for your phone someone could hack into your phone over their wifi, but I find it highly unlikely and a simple fix is to turn ssh off when your done using it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2