- iMore Nanite
- 6 Posts
Looking for a spreadsheet that works like itunes
I am in a band and would like to take better control of our song list. We have a spreadsheet master list of our songs that contains 9 fields of info: song name, key, what each member is playing/doing etc. We create set lists from this master. Here's the thing though that I can't get a regular spreadsheet to do. If I make a change to the master, say we change the key we are playing the song in, I want it to change the entry in the set list.
Since a regular spreadsheet doesn't treat other work pages as aliases like iTunes treats playlists, I have to repeat any changes I make on multiple sheets.
Anyone know of a "spreadsheet" that acts more like iTunes? I don't need any formula ability, just the availability of multiple fields and sorting options.
- 07-24-2015, 03:31 PM #2iMore Elite
- 2,168 Posts
Re: Looking for a spreadsheet that works like itunes
Have you tried using a database program (such as Access) and creating queries?
Or in Excel, when you create the playlists, have the cell in the playlist sheet be a reference to the master list sheet (rather than a straight copy-and-paste entry)?
- 07-25-2015, 09:34 AM #3
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-26-2015, 06:16 PM
- By jpgti in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 6Last Post: 07-24-2015, 12:53 PM
New music on iTunes: New albums from Jill Scott and Bea Miller, discounts on the sounds of the 2000sBy iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2015, 12:00 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iTunesReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2015, 09:51 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-24-2015, 07:12 AM