External Hard Drive/Itunes question

mattmeyeruk

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if anyone can help me with a query.

If i have all my music/videos on an external hard drive and open itunes on my laptop/computer and put all my stuff into itunes. As long as i plug my external hard drive in each time before I open Itunes will it remain in my itunes Library. Or do I need to have the stuff actuall on the computer/laptop.

I want to do this to save space on my laptop as its getting old and moving slow and also so I dont lose my music/videos if the laptop dies at some point.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have been tossing the idea around of doing the same thing, however I'm wondering if there is a way to do this without having to plug my laptop into the external harddrive each time?

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I have been tossing the idea around of doing the same thing, however I'm wondering if there is a way to do this without having to plug my laptop into the external harddrive each time?

That depends on how you want it done. You can stream it from cloud storage with something like my book live. Or you can plug the external hard drive into something like western digital live tv and stream it anywhere in the house without having to worry about formats.

Other than that, I don't think so. You have to have the data (music, movies, apps, etc) saved on your computer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2