iPhone Charging and iTunes issue

geminh

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
The last time my phone was "normal" was when it was in my car connected to the FM transmitter, and I didn't notice that my battery was running low and it turned off on its own.

Ever since that moment, I haven't been able to charge the iPhone when it's on. It does charge though when I turn it off...

It also won't connect to iTunes anymore and isn't recognized by my computer (or any other computer for that matter). When I plug my iPhone to the computer (when the phone is still on) it displays the message: "USB Device Not Recognized - One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"

I've tried replacing usb charging cables, updating iTunes to the newest version, checking drivers etc but to no avail. It's quite an awkward issue and I'm not sure what to do.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried different USB ports or different computer? Could be data connectors on phone is messed up and only power / charging is working. If phone is still under warranty, might try do a swap.

geminh

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Sadly I'm no longer under warranty... Just my luck lol. I have tried different USB ports and different computers, but it always ends up with the same result.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2