Sync iPhone with Mac iTunes and Outlook on PC?

edokid

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've hunted but all I can find it hack jobs on how to sync your iPhone with multiple computers. I'm looking to get an iPhone but my situation is my Mac has all my photos, movies and music, but my PC has my contacts and calendars in outlook.

With the iPhone out of the box, is it possible to sync it to the Mac for all the music and contacts, but then sync it to my PC for the rest? Just because my PC is my work laptop so it has my contacts, calendars etc, but the Mac is my home machine.

Just wanted to check thanks!

edokid

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
I thought the iPhone was like an iPod though and when you plug into another computer it says this is linked to a different iTunes library and asks you to erase it?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
No iPhone is different from iPod because it will only sync what has been checked to be synced. I do what you're doing between my laptop and my GFs. So like flyingember said connect it to your Mac and select photos, music, videos and leave contacts and calendars unchecked for sync. Then same with your Windows machine except alternate sync selections.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2