Custom Ringtone in iTunes won't sync to iPhone

yuzu

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
Hi!
I?ve been trying to import my first new ringtone on my iPhone? I have the ringtone in the Ringtones folder on iTunes on my mac. At first, I just plainly synced the selected ringtone under the ringtones tab with my iPhone plugged in. I then checked the ringtones on the phone, and it was not there.
Then, basically, I went through mostly everything that Jing and Sharninder had discussed, including the ?manually managing music and videos?, but after I checked that and attempted to sync the ringtone again, the ?Sync ringtones? box had been unchecked, and when I tried to check it again it gave me an error message that said all existing songs, movies, and tv shows would be removed. So I went back to try to uncheck the ?manually manage etc.? and it gave me the message that all existing content on the phone would be replaced with the content from my iTunes library. I clicked ?OK? and once again tried to check the ?Sync ringtones? box, but now it said that all ringtones on the phone would be removed and replaced with ringtones I have on iTunes.
Again, it says in the ?Ringtones? of the iPhone in the sidebar that the song is there. But it is not on the actual phone. I tried many things that were mentioned in the previous comments but I was unsuccessful.
What should I do? :confused: Please Help!!!
Thank you so much!

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Ok. Let's start from the beginning. Where did you get this ringtone? How long is the paytime and I am assuming that the ext is m4r.

Razelus

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
Setup?

Did U set up your iPhone with another computer and not your mac first? I have a PC (UGH) and a Mac (yay) and it will only let me sync my iphone or iPods with one computer or the other, not both.

yuzu

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
@ chobbs: I made it on iTunes. It is 29 seconds long and is an m4r file.

@ Lzar: No, it has always been used with the mac.

@ ben: Okay, I will try just in case. Thank you.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Before you changed the ext to m4r what was the ext? I have a feeling that it may have been still an mp3? You must convert it back to aac first giving you m4a as the extenstion. Then you can change it to m4r.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
A real quick easy and free program is iRinger it will take any MP3 and make it a ringtone , you can also do some editing in the program . Very easy to use & FREE !!!

sturamsden

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
If I remember correctly, you can't have the original AAC 29 sec version in your library when you drag the .m4r file back into iTunes. Try re-doing the the whole process and try deleting the AAC version first.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77