Just Unlocked 2.2.1 - Can't Sync back up with iTunes - HELP NEEDED

superflush

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I just upgraded to 2.2.1 and unlocked my iPhone.
I tried to restore (backup) the iphone, but only the settings & contacts are back on my iPhone. I got restore (backup) error -34
So, now I'm in iTunes, trying to add my music & podcasts back on (not too big of a deal, all the music is still in iTunes). However, when I select all my desired playlists and go to sync, I get The iPhone "iPhone" is synced with another iTunes library. Do you want to erase this iPhone and sync with this iTunes Library? ... If I click this I get This iPhone cannot be synced. It can't find the file.

So, now I have my iPhone with my SMSs, Contacts, Calendar working. But I need help figuring out how to sync my iPhone back up with iTunes, either restoring my music or not (it doesn't matter too much). Although if I could restore it, that'd be nice.

Any help is appreciated.

superflush

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Any takers. All my settings, contacts, and calendar are on the iPhone. (is that all that restore from backup is supposed to do?? or is it supposed to pull music, podcasts, & photos too???)
But, when I go to sync the iPhone it says "The iPhone cannot be synced. It cannot find the file"

superflush

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Well, I got everything to work out fine.
iTunes does do a Media Backup as well as General Backup for major iPhone OS version updates. Although it didn't automatically re-sync Music & Photos, they were all on my hard drive due to the Media Backup. It did Backup all my settings, contacts, & calendar info.

jamesus

TiPb Forum Staff
Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
It's recommended that you do not restore from a backup after jailbreaking your phone. Glad to worked everything out.

NickSD

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Superfly. I've successfully jailbroken and unlocked my old 2G iphone. But my question is for the 3G. I have the Pwnage tool, to jailbreak it, but I want to be able to keep all my contacts, texts, etc, and not have everything getting wiped out. Does you know how to do this? Please let me know.
Thanks!!!

soundvector

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
what did u do to jail break ur phone i have a pre paid att sim i bought and activated but wen i put it in my old 2g iphone - tunes just blocked the activation- im a single mom and i need a phone to check on my son help

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2