Problem Syncing with my iMac and Music organization

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
My iPad 8 will not sync when plugged in because it says I am short of memory; I am able to backup my iPad to the iMac and cloud. I guess this is independent of my cloud as I pay for extra storage. Also, my music display has become bonkers. When I display individual songs some show the albums with double writing over one another and the artist on those selections will not display. I am afraid to do factory reset as I might lose my music, yet because I have been able to back up the iPad would it re-duplicate these issues?

Does anyone have any suggestions how I may correct this problem?

See my example screenshot:

B025A202-8566-4DEE-BDF3-D53B6FF76EFA.jpeg

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep, this is an easy one. I have a QNAP networked attached storage drive. All my media is on it. I use Plex for for video and audio (to include podcasts). I have a terabyte of cloud storage through my office 365 account. I also use iCloud. Backups are not required. I can wipe my Windows computer, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch anytime I want and not lose any data.

Media syncs flawlessly, whether I am at home, or the other side of the world.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My iPad 8 will not sync when plugged in because it says I am short of memory; I am able to backup my iPad to the iMac and cloud. I guess this is independent of my cloud as I pay for extra storage. Also, my music display has become bonkers. When I display individual songs some show the albums with double writing over one another and the artist on those selections will not display. I am afraid to do factory reset as I might lose my music, yet because I have been able to back up the iPad would it re-duplicate these issues?

Does anyone have any suggestions how I may correct this problem?

See my example screenshot:

View attachment 131197

I won’t write regarding the overlaid text, because I have no idea what’s going on there.

As for the lacking storage, have you checked inside the Settings app the “General”, “iPad Storage” option?
It might give you some items you could remove to make space for your music collection instead of resetting the device.

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory re-set and when I re-synced to the cloud it uploaded all my music. Problem is, I still have the same problem, i.e., it re-duplicated the same issue. The other option would be to do another re-set, then re-load my music using the memory stick I’ve saved it on rather than through the cloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77