- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
iPod 4th generation digitizer works, lcd don't after replacement
Hi everybody, I replaced a ipod 4th gen digitizer and lcd screen. Hooked it all back up and it worked perfect. I turned it off to finish gluing the screen to the housing. I was out of glue so I just gently laid it in a box and waited til the next day to glue it back together. The next day, I raised the screen to place the glue and the lcd cable popped off. I put the cable back on and nothing lit up. I can hear the phone working and I can tell that the digitizer is working properly but the lcd screen is black. I ordered a new screen, replaced the other one and still only black. Everything else seems to work properly. I don't know what's going on with this thing. Could someone please help?
- 02-08-2016, 04:32 PM #2
- 38,501 Posts
Re: iPod 4th generation digitizer works, lcd don't after replacement
With the exception of something necessary being damaged when the "LCD cable popped off", I don't know what to tell you. Retrace your steps again and/or seek repair advice via a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.
- By korey joe in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2016, 06:45 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 0Last Post: 02-08-2016, 06:40 AM
- By demath in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2016, 05:27 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2016, 02:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 1Last Post: 02-07-2016, 01:31 PM