iPod 4th generation digitizer works but my LCD doesn't work. How can I fix this?

Knuttall3

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
iPod 4th generation digitizer works, lcd don't after replacement

Hi everybody, I replaced a ipod 4th gen digitizer and lcd screen. Hooked it all back up and it worked perfect. I turned it off to finish gluing the screen to the housing. I was out of glue so I just gently laid it in a box and waited til the next day to glue it back together. The next day, I raised the screen to place the glue and the lcd cable popped off. I put the cable back on and nothing lit up. I can hear the phone working and I can tell that the digitizer is working properly but the lcd screen is black. I ordered a new screen, replaced the other one and still only black. Everything else seems to work properly. I don't know what's going on with this thing. Could someone please help?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPod 4th generation digitizer works, lcd don't after replacement

With the exception of something necessary being damaged when the "LCD cable popped off", I don't know what to tell you. Retrace your steps again and/or seek repair advice via a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2